Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > who is pre ordering there iphone 5 tomorrow ??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #21
Punity
ECS 4 LIFE!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 243 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 50

My S3 is awesome. I almost went with an IPhone but the S3 blew me away

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 04:08 AM   #22
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 228 Times on 191 Posts

I have an android phone but use an ipod at the gym so I don't have to worry about breaking the phone screen. It's probably the last apple product I feel like I need to own. Apple products seem designed to break from normal use. I know a lot of people with broken iphones. Not so much with android users. Sorry, not trying to make this into an apple vs. android thing. My wife has an iphone 3 and loves it. So to each their own.

However, the iphone 5 shows signs that apple is on the back end of their successful run. The reason why is that the iphone is starting to mimic other products. The smaller connector and larger screen smack of competing against the android phones. When both the ipod and iphone came out, everybody rushed to imitate them. They made products they wanted to sell and everybody copied them because it worked. Now it's the other way around.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:17 AM   #23
blizzard
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 190 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czm View Post
If I wouldn't have so many apps bought I'd switch to android. Currently using the same phone since 2 1/2 years ago (3GS). It hasn't having me any trouble and never have broke it since I have an outer box.
I'm in this same boat. I bought a few apps I like and my 3GS is functional, but feels sluggish. I was definitely planning to upgrade to the 5, until they changed the charging plug. Now I'm not sure if I should pre-order or switch to a new platform.

Primary/Secondary/Bottles/Kegged: Delicious, delicious beer

Old 09-14-2012, 04:28 AM   #24
Gitmoe
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 98 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Android FTW. But I love my iMac. I'm both an Apple and Android fanboy. A rare thing...

Old 09-14-2012, 04:33 AM   #25
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1858 Times on 1140 Posts
Likes Given: 2630

Is that a fancy word for refractometer? Already have one. Good here.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:42 AM   #26
Face Eater
I brew beer....
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy
I don't quite understand why everyone is harping on the screen size not being huge. It is a friggin' PHONE that's supposed to fit in your pocket comfortably. Why does everyone want a massive screen on their phone?
Phone yes but seems like this may be the way of the future. I had most of the iPhones and they work just fine but I personally like the Android operating system better. I currently have the Samsung galaxy note which barely fits in my pocket but it is great. The reason I bought such a huge phone is because phone aren't just phones anymore. You can do basically anything on them as on a computer. In fact I rarely use my laptop and I'm on my phone all the time. The screen on the iPhone was too small for the amount I used my phone so I got this and I love it. There are dedicated apple lovers and users but they really need to step it up in my opinion.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #27
Czm
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Eater

Phone yes but seems like this may be the way of the future. I had most of the iPhones and they work just fine but I personally like the Android operating system better. I currently have the Samsung galaxy note which barely fits in my pocket but it is great. The reason I bought such a huge phone is because phone aren't just phones anymore. You can do basically anything on them as on a computer. In fact I rarely use my laptop and I'm on my phone all the time. The screen on the iPhone was too small for the amount I used my phone so I got this and I love it. There are dedicated apple lovers and users but they really need to step it up in my opinion.
Same here

Old 09-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #28
Zuljin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3317 Times on 3065 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Not me. I just got a Windows phone after being a crack berry addict for years. It's taking some getting used to. This Lumia isn't as 'let me do it myself like I want to ' as the BB. Kinda miss the keyboard too. Much bigger screen though. Noticeably faster. Camera doesn't seem as good but I need to play with it more. And this phone came with Office.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #29
Greyhound
Blackjack Brewing Co.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromwell View Post
I'll probably get one, but I'm really underwhelmed. Correct me if I've missed something, but in essence it's an iPhone 4s with a slightly bigger display that runs a little faster? For this I waited 2 years?
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm in the market for a new phone, but decided to wait till Apple's announcement before making my decision. I'll be buying an Android phone.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

"It is what it is." -Erich Fried

Old 09-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #30
Beer-lord

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_hearted View Post
It's a good time to buy the 4 or 4S. I usually operate a few versions behind because it's way cheaper.
My HTC died so I just got a 4S from Sprint. We don't even have 4G in my area so that's the only thing I'm not happy with. Not that the 4S even works with 4G.

I don't see why everyone jumps to a new iphone when it comes out. Apples got a great marketing plan, pricing it way too high so that everyone thinks it's the greatest thing in the world. They've seem to convince everyone that they need, no, can't survive without one.

Quick Reply