Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Who keeps a secret cash stash?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
ewibolo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Who keeps a secret cash stash?

Hi everyone, I am just curious. My wife has previously mentioned that she has a cash stash hidden somewhere. Now this was a while ago (3 years ago or so), but I have an inkling she still has a cash stash, so I now have one also. Only difference is that I know mine is for the benefit of both of us - this will go towards a boat eventually which she also enjoys. Hers, I'd bet will be just for shoes or something.

My questions are the following?
1. Do you have a Stash?
2. Are you Male/Female
3. What is the purpose of it?

Edited to add: I don't mean emergency cash. I mean cash that is hidden from husband/wife that is meant for personal/secret use for splurge items I guess.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Zuljin
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3402 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 286

It's a good idea to keep some emergency cash in the house. Hidden in case of a break in.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
porcupine73
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 513

I like to keep a small cash stash, usually at least $500 on hand. I keep it in my pocket. I just think it's a good idea to have cash, just about everybody will accept it. Credit cards and ATM cards etc are convenient but you are exercising faith that the network is up, payment processing is working, things like that. In an emergency situation like a storm or maybe some kind of internet terrorism or something that might not be the case.

Some stores, seemingly drug stores and gas stations often, rely on satellite communications to process credit card payments (I don't know why) and if it's raining hard or snowing hard I've seen them time out over and over. Well if it's something you really need you can just pull out cash then. Or gasoline, well in most cases in a power outage you aren't going to be able to get gasoline anyway unless you find a station that has a backup generator. But even if they have that they might not be able to process credit transactions. Again cash to the rescue. That's just a couple simple examples I guess.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
m_c_zero
Recipes 

Liked 122 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 188

What's cash?

Old 10-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2120 Times on 1520 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

I used to have a cash stash, but spent it all. At least a I spent it on what it was meant for.

I do save some $$ into an account for me hobbies and sometimes car parts or household needs.

But really a CASH stash at this time. I should start doing that again. I could hide it in the dishwasher where I know my wife will never find it.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 93

I have a stash of about a grand in my dresser.

I am a male.

I like to have cash on hand because I like to pay for just about everything I can with actual money. I find that using a credit/debit card for everything tends to deplete my account. If I actually have to hand over cash, I know how much I've spent.

I'm sick of every DB who finds that they have no cash, and they have to pay for everything with a card. Seriously, you don't have $10 for lunch and you have to put it on your card?

"...Careful, man...there's a beverage here!..."

Old 10-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
RC0032
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 11

To clarify you are talking about cash on hand in the house vs a bank account for hobbies?

I keep some cash in the house "just in-case" hidden. But the wife is aware. Its not like im hiding it from her, just like to have cash on hand in-case I need bail

Old 10-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Dutch218
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

I don't let my wife have a stash. If it got to big she could afford to leave. 😘

Old 10-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
Darwin18
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 678 Times on 492 Posts
Likes Given: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
But really a CASH stash at this time. I should start doing that again. I could hide it in the dishwasher where I know my wife will never find it.
Ha! That's a location my wife also seems unaware of. I would also consider in the cleaning closet behind the vacuum cleaner.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18 View Post
Ha! That's a location my wife also seems unaware of. I would also consider in the cleaning closet behind the vacuum cleaner.
The entire laundry room. It could sit on the dryer and she'd never know.

PS. I used to have a stash, was around $500. Found a deal on a TV and raided it. Then tried buildin up a new stash and was around 300 before I raided it for a gun show. I gave up after that. I don't carry cash any more or even keep it around. If I do it's just spent. I may try again this fall. But it won't stay for long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Quick Reply