Where are you going for vacation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yooper said:
No, I'm on the border of WI/MI in the central part of the state. My cottage is on a lake via a small side road right of off US 2 between Iron River and Watersmeet, and my main home is in Iron River.

Ah, I have driven through there many times. It's a great area.

so we decided we are taking a trip down to santa fe, we are probably going to the santa fe brewing company, any other places we should hit or not hit while we are there?

You must have forgotten to stop by here on the way home, then! I bet Homer won't make that mistake! :D

That reminds me. I have been meaning to ask where do yoopers go for vacation...?

As the joke goes: Guy goes to heaven and St. Peter is showing him around and as they are walking down a corridor, the guy notices a locked door. He is almost afraid to ask, you know, because why would you need to lock a door in heaven, but eventually he does.

St. Peter says, "Oh, that's where we keep the yoopers. If we don't lock they door, they keep trying to escape back to the UP!"

at the end of September.

jamaica-girl-poster.jpg

I'd love to vacation in Cuba some day when it opens up. Easily my favorite hispanic country next to Argentina.
First, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Then Cuba.
Both have a great intermingling of European and Latin American culture. And the women! ... marone!

I'd love to vacation in Cuba some day when it opens up. Easily my favorite hispanic country next to Argentina.
First, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Then Cuba.
Both have a great intermingling of European and Latin American culture. And the women! ... marone!

You should check out Colombia.

Next month. Savannah then Asheville. Whirlwind trip.

Savannah's great and all, but you're going to LOVE Asheville, Beer City!. Already had vacation part one: Greenville to see Black keys then Myrtle Beach to see Marilyn Manson and 311. Next month it's back to Myrtle Beach to see Dropkick Murphys and TED NUGENT hell yea, uncle Ted!!!

just got back from our trip to New Mexico. We stayed in between taos and angel fire and even went to santa fe for a day. Hit up three breweries, santa fe and blue corn while in santa fe, and taos mesa brewing co in taos. We got flights at all three and i can honestly say i didnt have one bad or sub-par beer, that were all great! I cant get stone in KS and have never had any so i was excited to stock up on some while there, I even got an enjoy by 8-02 which is my b-day! :D we had a great trip there and cant wait to go back!

2013-07-24 11.55.43.jpg

2013-07-24 12.46.14.jpg

2013-07-25 14.43.06.jpg

2013-07-23 16.50.48.jpg

2013-07-24 19.25.30.jpg

Going to Disney World in October, not much of a beer trip, but still have a few choices at Epcot.

Going to Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving, and will visit Smokey Mountain Brewery several times while there.

Been in Panama since late March...beautiful and interesting country. Great beer at La Rana Dorada in Panama City.

Today in Volcan.....beautiful place at 1400m, but no interesting beer...back over the mountains to Bocas del Toro in a few days...you can buy some good Belgian imports there.

Update: you can find good beer here in Volcan...Im having a Fullers London Porter and a nice locally made cigar right now!

Drove into Parque Baru on the slopes of Volcan Beru here in Pananma today. Stopped at about 7,500ft...beautiful.

Stopped at a little taberna that normally had a few imports, but they were out...still a very nice venue for a regular old beer.

Staying at Volcan Lodge...great place.

Jeep at Volcan Baru 20130728_104120 small.jpg

just got back from our trip to New Mexico. We stayed in between taos and angel fire and even went to santa fe for a day. Hit up three breweries, santa fe and blue corn while in santa fe, and taos mesa brewing co in taos. We got flights at all three and i can honestly say i didnt have one bad or sub-par beer, that were all great! I cant get stone in KS and have never had any so i was excited to stock up on some while there, I even got an enjoy by 8-02 which is my b-day! :D we had a great trip there and cant wait to go back!

Man,I just can't believe how much Taos & Sante Fe have changed in 44 years since I was there. Looks like I wouldn't recognize much of it now. but I also see some ways to "console" myself...:mug::drunk::rockin:

Man,I just can't believe how much Taos & Sante Fe have changed in 44 years since I was there. Looks like I wouldn't recognize much of it now. but I also see some ways to "console" myself...:mug::drunk::rockin:

haha yeah taos is still somewhat impoverished but seem to be doing better, 3 breweries in taos but only went to one as the others were out of our way. The two in santa fe were very nice. Taos mesa brewery is a cool place to go if you are ever in the area

taos-mesa-brewing.jpg

We just booked our lodging for a trip out west. Heading west on I-90 through Rapid City and the Black Hills, then to Tetons, up to Yellowstone, on to Glacier/Waterton, then back home by way of North Dakota.

Any good ideas for good local taprooms/brewpubs to hit? I'm plenty familiar with Grand Teton and Big Sky brews (they distribute here), so I would like to seek out good, smaller breweries along the way.

We just booked our lodging for a trip out west. Heading west on I-90 through Rapid City and the Black Hills, then to Tetons, up to Yellowstone, on to Glacier/Waterton, then back home by way of North Dakota.

Any good ideas for good local taprooms/brewpubs to hit? I'm plenty familiar with Grand Teton and Big Sky brews (they distribute here), so I would like to seek out good, smaller breweries along the way.

We did a very similar trip a few years ago. Took 3 weeks off and went as far as Missoula, MT. If you get that far west there a 3 good breweries in Missoula, maybe more now. We didn't seek out other brewpubs along the way unfortunately.

Lets revive this and throw some past tense - where did you go this summer? I unfortunately used vacation time to build a deck at my house, but I am looking for ideas for next year

went to Outer Banks, NC the week before Labor Day

hit OBX Brewing Station in KDH, Blue Moon Cafe & Brewery in Manteo and Weeping Radish in Grandy

good NC brews include Duck Rabbit and Natty Greene

HAha totally forgot about this thread. Were you the one who posted their deck build here? If so, great work!

We took a small vacation this year to Dillon, CO over my birthday and to help a buddy move in. We got to visit Dam brewing (fermentor picture) and Crooked Stave. Did a lot of biking up there and even spent a day riding down Keystone which was amazing! We also went camping one night, after finally talking my girlfriend into going camping for the first time. It was a great trip. :D

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1290.JPG

HAha totally forgot about this thread. Were you the one who posted their deck build here? If so, great work!

Yup! Just a "little" pleased with
myself :ban:

We took a small vacation this year to Dillon, CO over my birthday and to help a buddy move in. We got to visit Dam brewing (fermentor picture) and Crooked Stave. Did a lot of biking up there and even spent a day riding down Keystone which was amazing! We also went camping one night, after finally talking my girlfriend into going camping for the first time. It was a great trip. :D
Great looking trip! GF interested in camping more in the future or did this scar her?

Yup! Just a "little" pleased with
myself :ban:

Great looking trip! GF interested in camping more in the future or did this scar her?

Idk, i may be able to get her to go again. She had fun except when we froze that night as it got down to high 30s haha.

Heading to Munich and Salzburg next week.. I've been to Munich, but have never been to Salzburg. Can't wait!!

Salzburg is awesome. We were there 2 years ago, and I had been there once before in the early '80s. Very walkable town--everything to see is in and around the city center. They kind of overdo the Mozart and Sound of Music touristy stuff, but the history and architecture is amazing.

Have a great trip!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416104075.756060.jpg The San Luis Resort in Galveston. Don't waste your time anywhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back