Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Where the Hopslam at??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #11
shelly_belly
Locomotive Breath
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Hopslam is out just before spring I think. If it goes as normal, there will be several $20 6-packs at the local party store, and I'll grab one or two. The rest will sit there until Bells pulls them back to the brewery. We have very few beer snobs in town.

EDIT: Bells website says Hopslam was released in January of last year, so expect the same timeframe again this year.

Oh, I'm saving up my pennies starting today!!
That party store sure has some mark-up. We can get it for $16 way down here. And, it's gone in a day or two.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2022 Times on 1454 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly_belly View Post
That party store sure has some mark-up. We can get it for $16 way down here. And, it's gone in a day or two.
Yep. Craft beer is not a big seller in this small town. They have a singles door which you can mix and match for $2 a bottle. Even in the Bottle shop in BR there can be good beer with dust on the bottles. Some of it sells good, some of it doesn't.

Maybe this year I'll buy an extra 6-pack and see who wants a trade. I've never had Pliny.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:28 AM   #13
Hopalong1255
Recipes 

Likes Given: 7

Default Any Bells Hopslam near Detroit ?

from Berkley, MI (near Detroit)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this site trying to locate some 2013 Bells Hopslam Ale. Still haven't found any on Draft or in Bottles. I even emailed Bells and asked them to send another case to a Party Store near me that already sold out of 10 cases. The rep at Bells was rather rude, and just told me to do the stuff that I had already done to find some. No Luck !
Didn't realize a "spring" Ale would already be sold out in the Home State of the Brewery by the end of January !! They're still shipping Hopslam to out of State locations, but I can't get any when I live 3 hours away from the Brewery. Every Bar and Retailer listed on Bells Beer Finder, that I have called is sold out. Anybody have any place near Detroit where I can try some of this Beverage for the very 1st time ?? I would appreciate it very much.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #14
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

I went back to the party store in town and they are long gone. I guess enough fans have discovered the secret stash! Or the distributor decided to pull the remaining bottles out of there and send them to a bigger store. Either way, they were gone a few weeks ago.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #15
Hopalong1255
Recipes 

Likes Given: 7

Default Thanks for checking

Thanks for the update. Looks like I'll have to survive until the next batch comes out in 2014. Now, I have a Store saving me some when it comes in.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #16
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong1255 View Post
Thanks for the update. Looks like I'll have to survive until the next batch comes out in 2014. Now, I have a Store saving me some when it comes in.
I still got that one bottle left... I could sell it to you for... 1 million spacebucks!

Quick Reply