Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > This is when my job gets tough.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4913 Times on 3563 Posts
Likes Given: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus View Post
Topless barber shop. Oh man that would be fun.

Honey, I need to go get my hair cut again!
But, honey, you're bald! Why do you need another haircut this week?

Find me on facebook: Lorena Evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #12
JVD_X
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Different jurisdictiona have different rules.

Here, the Zoning code states that;

- No conditional use permit shall be granted for any proposed location which is within a 1000 foot radius of any other Adult Entertainment Use.

(Kinda kills the concept of the strip)

- No Adult Entertainment Use shall be allowed to locate within a 500 foot radius of any Church, public or private school, or public or private park. No Adult Entertainment Use shall be allowed to locate within a 500 foor radius of any residential district.

- (paraphrased) All dtstances are measured from the nearest 2 adjacent property lines.

Meaning, not even a oversized property gets them a benifit.

Like I said, Bible belt. And we rarely flat out deny an application but in this case the locations proximity won't allow the use unless it was grandfathered. And yeas again, it'd prolly make a ton of money for a little while and then fade away.
Yea... if it were going to be a very profitable establishment they would have enough money to file a lawsuit. I really don't think you should worry about it. Just approve it and let go out of business. I would bet it doesn't last a year.

- JVD_X

Old 10-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #13
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.

Recipes 

Liked 4944 Times on 4514 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD_X View Post
Yea... if it were going to be a very profitable establishment they would have enough money to file a lawsuit. I really don't think you should worry about it. Just approve it and let go out of business. I would bet it doesn't last a year.
Ordinarily I would agree. But the application is too obvious and if I did approve it it would be back on my desk within a week and I'd have some serious "splainin" to do to my Bosses and the City Manager. The codes are pretty explicit and there is a Church just down the street and a housing addition behind it, so it couldn't be dumbed up as a mistake.

This job doesn't pay much but it does cover the mortgage and bills. And I'll never get famous or rich doing it but, it does give me time to raise a family.

The irony is that if the applicant hadn't blatently made it obvious both verbally and on the plans that there was toplessness, they could have easily told me it is nothing more than a pool hall with a bar and it would be approvable by the Zoning code. They'd still have to install a sprinkler system but at least they could locate there. Now, it's too late for them on Zoning. Word has spread about it and the higher ups know. I have advised them that they could open as such (pool hall/bar) but, would be under scrutiny by offcials and that if reports came back of them operating under the topless business plan they'd most likely see big fines and be ordered to "cease and dissist".

It's too bad because it really is a mundane proposal. They don;t intend for people to come in, stay and drink (as in a strip bar) it really is about tits-ana-haircut.

Me personally, I'd be interested if they offered a shave service. I can;t imagine it'd be too easy to kepp the bewbies from making contact.

"Oh, Sorry honey it just happened into my open mouth"

I digress.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #14
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3522 Times on 3409 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I cut my own hair and have been pestering SWMBO to perform this service for me. She ain't buying it. Maybe I'll show this to her and say, hey, then I'll just head on down to Okie for a haircut.

The divorce papers will be waiting when I return.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #15
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If I were bald and one of these opened near me, I'd grow a beard. Anything to get in there for a trim.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #16
Skins_Brew

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

OH MY GOSH! I have had this idea for a while now! Strippers who cut your hair, or at the very least bikini clad women. If there was a place where hot scantally clad women cut my hair while I enjoyed a beer, I would every time I needed a hair cut. Someone beat me to the punch!!

I Support My LHBS!! (Maryland HB)

Old 10-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #17
Freezeblade
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 13 Posts

Did they even look at the local codes when they sent in the application? I mean seriously.

Aging:Public House Dry Stout, Procrastination Porter, Mr. Brown Ale, Westvleteren 12 Clone, Mead, Duvel Clone, Graham's English Cider 6-21, Belgian Draak Strong Ale, Fig Melomel, Acerglyn, Restorative Tonic Metheglyn

Old 10-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #18
sdhucks7

Recipes 

Dang! I live in OKC and would love this. Even though I shave my head I bet i could go in for a quick "trim" on occasion and a beer. I have an idea, I would be willing to let them use my garage

SD

Old 10-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #19
thataintchicken
GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1274 Times on 1265 Posts
Likes Given: 8

There is a place in San Francisco. They ran a ton of ads on the radio then...silent. The guys that ran it were trying to franchise it.

they modeled it after a high end social club.
Not topless as far as I know.

MR

Ginger, how long should I boil these crab legs for? I want them to fall off the bone just like Texas pork ribs. - Ace Club

I'm a meat hunter. - AZ_IPA

Their new commercial sounds lime the crazy fiat music.- Zuljin

Old 10-24-2008, 07:30 PM   #20
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.

Recipes 

Liked 4944 Times on 4514 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezeblade View Post
Did they even look at the local codes when they sent in the application? I mean seriously.
Most don't know what a code is when it's spelled out for them. Am I am talking strictly about the engineers and architects.

[/ducks and runs]

Half the time when I forward commentary to an applicant they don;t call asking what it means, they call to confirm that they can buy their permit now. And, especially regarding the general public, they will bring the commentary up to buy their permit having never read the commentary.

Of course with the general public I understand to a degree but when this is done by the licensed pro's it's mindnumbing.

Quick Reply