Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > whats your favorite thing to do while drinking beer.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #21
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Thiensville, Wisconsin
Posts: 6,743
Liked 221 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Default

Settlers of Catan

don't know how, don't know why, but its freaking hilarious

__________________
motobrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #22
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oblivion
Posts: 47,643
Liked 4745 Times on 4380 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default

Burp.

__________________
GilaMinumBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #23
snowveil
that guy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
snowveil's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lebanon, PA
Posts: 546
Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobrewer View Post
Settlers of Catan

don't know how, don't know why, but its freaking hilarious
oh man...that's a gateway drug.....soon you'll be partying with Ticket to Ride, then "trying out" Carcassonne......then the hard stuff....Power Grid, Caylus, Puerto Rico and AGRICOLA!
__________________
snowveil is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #24
Flomaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 2,140
Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default

WoW...I have a few friends working for Blizzard. I was a beta tester and would be playing until the sun came up. then a couple buddies I played with would meet at McDonald's when they opened for Breakfast Sandwiches then go to sleep.

so no more WoW for me SWMBO would never allow it.

I'd say I like to sit back and relax on the couch and just zone out.

or socialize with buddies and having a good time.
-=Jason=-

Flomaster is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #25
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Thiensville, Wisconsin
Posts: 6,743
Liked 221 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowveil View Post
oh man...that's a gateway drug.....soon you'll be partying with Ticket to Ride, then "trying out" Carcassonne......then the hard stuff....Power Grid, Caylus, Puerto Rico and AGRICOLA!
yeah, there's a ton of fun stuff out there. settlers keeps us pretty happy. i have cities but we never play it for some reason...

i'd really like to get agricola, but we don't get together that often so it's hard to justify.
__________________
motobrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #26
Acoma
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 516
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Socialize with buddies.

__________________
Acoma is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #27
snowveil
that guy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
snowveil's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lebanon, PA
Posts: 546
Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobrewer View Post
yeah, there's a ton of fun stuff out there. settlers keeps us pretty happy. i have cities but we never play it for some reason...

i'd really like to get agricola, but we don't get together that often so it's hard to justify.
Agricola is a very overwhelming game at first and can scare some players away for sure. The best thing about it, though, is that there are no reliances on the randomness of dice rolls and you can really change your strategy greatly from game to game. If the people you play with are willing to put forth a little bit of time learning some new rules the game is really a lot of fun.

Power grid is a great game that everyone in my group seems to enjoy because it's not quite as potentially frustrating as Agricola but still strategically advanced. There is a fair amount of socialization in Power Grid as well, so if that's your primary reason for getting together then it'd probably go over well.
__________________
snowveil is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #28
JonK331
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 2,100
Liked 28 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

smoke, talk, shoot, brew, fish, play guitar, stand, cook

__________________
JonK331 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #29
r8rphan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Shingletown, CA
Posts: 1,717
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Pee, belch, fart, BBQ
Put my hand in my pants
(if no one is looking)

__________________
"DOH!"
Homer Simpson


"Beer is living proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
(possibly said by) Ben Franklin (maybe)


Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
Damn, where's my arm?.

"You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends... but you can't pick your friends nose!"
George Carlin
r8rphan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #30
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Thiensville, Wisconsin
Posts: 6,743
Liked 221 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowveil View Post
Agricola is a very overwhelming game at first and can scare some players away for sure. The best thing about it, though, is that there are no reliances on the randomness of dice rolls and you can really change your strategy greatly from game to game. If the people you play with are willing to put forth a little bit of time learning some new rules the game is really a lot of fun.

Power grid is a great game that everyone in my group seems to enjoy because it's not quite as potentially frustrating as Agricola but still strategically advanced. There is a fair amount of socialization in Power Grid as well, so if that's your primary reason for getting together then it'd probably go over well.
how long are agricola games usually? settlers can sometimes drag out horribly - you know who's gonna win, but sometimes crappy dice rolls can delay the inevitable for a long time.
__________________
motobrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools