Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > What's a 'Beer Snob'???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #31
sudsmonkey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I think I see things a little differently now. Using the word Connaiseur sounds much better than Snob. The only problem I have in describig myself that way is that I sometimes swill Cheap-Assed Beer. I prefer PBR or Beast, maybe the hoppy goodness of a Steel Reserve. I ignore everything written on the can. Actually, I think the things written on the can are funny. " Twice the hops for twice the gravity". Think I'll buy me some of that !
I prefer better beer. I can't always afford it. I don't always want to waste it in a swill-fest. When I drink the Big Corporate Beers, I do it grudgingly. When somebody sneers at my homebrew in favor of a Bud, they do it unknowingly.

Maybe I'm a Snobbaseur !

More like a sock monkey, really...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2006, 06:16 PM   #32
mpetty
Recipes 

Apparrently I am a beer snob because when I taste a beer, I talk about the flavors, and because I do not like the same beers one of my friends likes.

What a crock of ****.

Primary: What Ale experiment with a friend (10-gallon batch, two fermenters, two yeasts: American Hefeweizen and plain Hefeweizen)
Secondary: None
Bottled Yellow Dog Ale | Oatmeal Stout (1st mini-mash) | Cider: Plain Apple Juice | American Amber Ale| California Common, American Pale Ale
Up next: Extra Special Bitter and another spiced cider

Old 03-06-2006, 11:27 PM   #33
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am not, nor will I ever be, a beer snob. That seems to be the only gripe I had about brewing forums(I read several) is that a percentage of the posters refer to the macrobrews as "swill" and are therefore beneath them. These beers may not be to their liking, but they are not necessarily bad beers, and those who enjoy them are not necessarily uneducated or ignorant about beer. They just know what they like and stick with it. I once offered a friend a homebrew and asked if he liked bock beer, just so I wouldn't give him something he wouldn't care for. He replied "Does it foam? Then I like it." Now that's the ultimate beer non-snob.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 03-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #34
uglygoat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i'm a pleeb at heart. i enjoy and appreciate the good beers out there, but i'd just as soon pound down a bunch of swill with the guys...

'sides, you can't drink homebrew outta the can whilst watching sporting events or mowing the lawn.

never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quick Reply