What your taste in beer says about you...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

json2001

Reaction score
This article popped up today for me on Google Reader from AdAge.com:

What Your Taste in Beer Says About You

Fairly interesting even though they lump craft brew into one category and that's pretty much all most of us drink - but still a fun brewstraction from the regular work day.

WTF!!!

"People who drink Blue Moon beer are 105% more likely than the average person to drive hybrid cars, 77% more likely to own Apple Mac laptops, 65% more likely to purchase five pairs or more of sneakers every year, and 32% more likely to not be registered voters."

I like BM. Non of this applies. I ain't no tree hugger! Apple should burn in hell.

"Blue Moonies are socially liberal and usually quite willing to go against convention. They really hate moral authorities, and believe children should be exposed to moral dilemmas and allowed to come to their own conclusions. They can also be sarcastic and snide in order to get a point across."

I can go with this statement.

"Corona drinkers are 91% more likely than average to buy recycled products and 38% more likely to own three or more flat-screen TVs. "

Yeah, illegals have lots of large plasma tvs.

I think this survey is full of crap. Since there's no more McEwan's Scotch Ale in the USA, I can't be brand loyal. I drink craft/import beers & I'm pretty conservative. The fact that they studied brands of beer rather than styles makes this all about brand marketing. I'll admit that I am curious about the basic differences between hop heads & malt monkeys; now that might make for an interesting poll/survey. GF.

Since we're starting to head down the path -

It's statistics people. Just because it says that a Budweiser drinker is significantly more likely to belong to a union it doesn't mean that because YOU are a Bud drinker and hate unions that said survey is wrong. Statistics generalize the given population and give the likelihood that a given property applies to a given population and then compares them to a different population. There are certainly differences within drinkers of a certain brand, but the population as a whole skews a certain way. I don't think anyone would argue that the reason for this is primarily marketing.

Back