What sequels were better than the first installment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the fast an ferious movies ? I liked most of them .

never saw any of them

I'd have to say:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Toy Story 2
Terminator 2
The Bourne Ultimatum ... and Supremacy
Hot Shots Part Deux
Bill and Teds Bogus Journey
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

But the Best Sequel goes to... GodFather II

Hot Shots Part Deux, YES!

disagree with Bill & Ted, first one was better

Christmas Vacation, very close to as good as original, definitely better than European Vacation

Godfather II is probably the best sequel ever made, but not as good as the original. Pacino was at his best in the first one. everything else he's done since is him just chewing all the scenery

I meant the one by tim Burton.

the Burton ones weren't as good as Nolan's, but definitely better than the crap ones Shumacher made.

Absolute blasphemy. Xmas is decent in its own right but it's not better than the original. First of all, Eugene Levy. Second, Eugene Levy.

I did say "close to"

Now, I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster... You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it.

classic

then there's John Candy
Sorry folks, park's closed. Moose out front shoulda told ya.

GrogNerd said:
disagree with Bill & Ted, first one was better

Christmas Vacation, very close to as good as original, definitely better than European Vacation

Godfather II is probably the best sequel ever made, but not as good as the original. Pacino was at his best in the first one. everything else he's done since is him just chewing all the scenery.

Thinking a little more about it Excellent Adventure is better then Bogus Journey.
I still think Christmas Vacation is better, not by much but in such an awesome movie series a little really matters.
And I LOVE all of the Godfathers but the second Godfather is definitely better then the first... More awards, better quotes, it contains history (I'm a history major). I would say they are very even and I give the "original" edge to part one but the acting is better in part two, the scenery/picture, and I love the story line.

But what about Wayne's World 2?

I can't believe no one agrees with me on Rambo I hated the first one and loved the second and third ones. The first was so cheesy and was so silly I thought. No one on hbt agrees?
I loved First Blood, but didn't care for II or III, then Rambo IV came out, and it is the most awesome of all! That has to be one of THE most violent movies ever made!

Oh, and I've always thought Halloween II was as good, if not better, than the original. Especially if you include the Rob Zombie remakes.

How is it that everyone has missed Kill Bill Vol.2. In my opinion the first one wasn't that great and the second one was one of the best movies ever made.

I also think Smokey and he Bandit was one of the best movies ever made so take that with a grain of salt (but it was and all smokey sequels suck by the way).

I don't know how niche this is - but I enjoyed the second Trailer Park Boys movie more than the original.

Of course, they're both great.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go chase the bottle kids away from the double-wide!

There's a second trailer park boys movie? I had no idea. Awesome.

Best sequel was The Godfather II.

How is it that everyone has missed Kill Bill Vol.2. In my opinion the first one wasn't that great and the second one was one of the best movies ever made.

I also think Smokey and he Bandit was one of the best movies ever made so take that with a grain of salt (but it was and all smokey sequels suck by the way).

Myself I don't count the Kill Bills as different movies. But that's a good pick as well. I personally loved the first Kill Bill and would put the 2 as equals.

Can we do videogames?

Zone of the Enders 2 was way better than ZOE.

We Love Katamari was better than Katamari Damacy.

Crash Bandicoot 2 was better.

Jack 2 was better.

If we do video games then SOCOM 2 was better than the first SOCOM. Years later and hard core SOCOMers are still asking for a S2 in hd.

Doom II

video game. but I guess any sequel would have to be better than that steaming pile of a movie with the Rock & Eomer/Bones/Dredd

The other movie thread inspired this thread.

The other day we were having a discussion at work on what sequels were actually better than the first installment. Our list was pretty short.

My nomination would be Aliens. Although Alien was an outstanding movie I thought Aliens was a notch better.

Blade 2 perhaps?

Maybe Superman 2.

Honorable mentions: Godfather part 2 and Empire Strikes Back.

Definitely Road Warrior. Mad Max was decent but Road Warrior blew the first installment away.

Anybody else have a nomination?

Blade 1 was way better than the second one IMO

Back