The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > What THE HELL??? *cats*

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #21
Professor Frink
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleymonster
We have 2 cats: Mouse and Princess Leia. They're cool, but they're not as cuddly as we'd like them to be. A house pet to me is a pet that will hop onto the couch on command and sleep in your lap. They just like to keep to themselves for the most part.
I was never a huge cat person until I got my current cat, but she is exactly like that. As soon as you sit or lay down, she is right on your lap purring away. She's actually more of a dog than my lab is, she's an attention whore.
On tap:Amber Ale
Milk Stout

Lagering:

http://www.lazydogbrewery.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #22
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 558 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 198

I had a cat in college.

Then one day I opened my underwear drawer and I had 6 cats.

Freakin whore...

Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #23
quickerNu

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42
I like outdoor cats. So do the coyotes.

I just about wet myself. I had to explain to my wife about farm cats. Every time we went to my parents ranch, she would fall in love with the cats and name them all. When we came back, they'd be gone and a new batch would be there.

She never really liked cats, but ended up keeping her roommate's cat in college. It was evil. When she got pregnant, we gave him away. When the new owners came to get him, I was holding him in my arms, and he rared up and tried to bite my face. He got my front teeth. Teeth on teeth is a weird feeling.

[I'm back!]

Old 12-05-2007, 06:31 PM   #24
Soulive

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humpsalot
But since you asked... they do catch mice. That keeps mice away from our precious malt.
Brooklyn Brewery has a cat living in the brewery. Its not their major production brewery, but there's definitely a lot of grain to protect. That being said, put me down for hating cats...

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Old 12-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #25
Beerthoven

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I grew up with cats and dogs my whole life. I do like cats. I have two of them now. But when they are gone, I think I'll get a dog.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #26
Neomich
Recipes 

SWMBO is an epidemiologist AND a veterinarian. I've never voluntarily owned a cat when living on my own but I have managed to inherit a couple now. Luckily they sleep a lot otherwise I'd go nuts.

And if anything ever happens to those monsters, it's my fault. Even if I'm out of town or out of the country at the time. And the worst part is, SWMBO could fix whatever I tried to do in the first place.

Did you know those things can live like 15 - 20 years! That was depressing to learn.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Old 12-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #27
DesertBrew
You're not my type
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I got 2 dogs and a cat (1st for me). The cat is probably the most affectionate cat I ever seen but its still the last one we're gonna have and swmbo agrees.

Can someone tell me why cats are cleaner when I got to smell her skanky arse'd cat box everytime I walk past it and she pukes about 4-5 times a week on my carpet that I'm continually cleaning? Not to mention the cat litter I think she holds in her paws like a couple of snowballs and drops all over the house as she tears butt out of her litterbox because she can't stand the smell either. Did I mention friendly? She's always "backing that thing up" at me as if I'm gonna give her some; slut!

13 years old, losing weight and the vet says her liver enzymes are 4x too high...

Old 12-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #28
Neomich
Recipes 

I would like to add though that a cat is how I got into homebrewing. SWMBO wanted to bring a kitten home for 2-3 weeks while its back legs healed from being broken. She did the surgery and wanted to make sure it healed properly. She asked me if I'd let it come home and NO was the quick response. She said she'd make a deal with me if I let her keep it for a couple weeks so I was like sure, you can bring it home if you get me a home brewing kit. She called my bluff and we drove up to Austin to get my gear.

16 days later the kitten was given to its new owner and I'm still brewing! Tell me who got the best of that deal.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Old 12-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #29
Beerthoven

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertBrew
13 years old, losing weight and the vet says her liver enzymes are 4x too high...
Same thing happened to one of my cats. Don't let that go on too long. Put her down before she stops eating and turns yellow. Trust me.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:19 PM   #30
DesertBrew
You're not my type
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerthoven
Same thing happened to one of my cats. Don't let that go on too long. Put her down before she stops eating and turns yellow. Trust me.
Yea, funny thing is she still eats the same amount as always and acts totally normal, maybe a bit more affectionate even. Animals hide their sickness pretty well... '08 probably isn't gonna be much fun - Don't think the cat or the 13 year 100# lab mix are going to make it to 09.

Quick Reply