Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > What do you want?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2006, 07:06 PM   #11
homebrewer_99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah, I get that a lot...what imports do you have? We have Sam Adams, Killians, and Blue Moon.

DRATS!!!

I usually end up asking "do you have anything brewed locally?"

I think the real kicker would be for me to reply to what would you like?, would be "I'd like anything except any Bud, Miller, Coors with the exception of Blue Moon, which is now technically Canadian now (throw that in there to start the confusion), and any Pabst Blue Ribbon products. These include, but are not limited to, Bud, Bud Light, Bud Select, Miller, Miller Light, Miller Genuine Draft, Coors, Coors Light, PBR, PBR Light, Hamms, Olympis, Falstaff, Old Milwaukee, Old Mil Light, etc...(and end the rant with) that would be in either a bottle or on draft." Now, waddayahave?"

When I get it down word for word I think they'll probably just walk away...
anyone else want to help me add to this list?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #12
Wolf

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
Yeah, I get that a lot...what imports do you have? We have Sam Adams, Killians, and Blue Moon.

DRATS!!!

I usually end up asking "do you have anything brewed locally?"

I think the real kicker would be for me to reply to what would you like?, would be "I'd like anything except any Bud, Miller, Coors with the exception of Blue Moon, which is now technically Canadian now (throw that in there to start the confusion), and any Pabst Blue Ribbon products. These include, but are not limited to, Bud, Bud Light, Bud Select, Miller, Miller Light, Miller Genuine Draft, Coors, Coors Light, PBR, PBR Light, Hamms, Olympis, Falstaff, Old Milwaukee, Old Mil Light, etc...(and end the rant with) that would be in either a bottle or on draft." Now, waddayahave?"

When I get it down word for word I think they'll probably just walk away...
anyone else want to help me add to this list?
Brilliant, I'll start memorizing.
Don't forget Milwaukee's Best!

Old 12-29-2006, 07:33 PM   #13
DesertBrew
You're not my type
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Oh man! you hit a nerve with me on this one as well. What I WANT TO KNOW is why there's almost always a wine list at a restaraunt but only 1 in 100 have a beer list? Just like you guys, I want to try the thing I never had/heard of before especially when traveling and that's probably the brew the waitress forgets to mention. Typical dialog:

Waitress: And what would you like to drink sir?
Desert: What kind of beer do you have?
Waitress: We have BMC, BMC lite, Sam Adams, Sierra, bla, bla, bla, obscure interesting sounding beer name, bla, bla, bla, bla.
Desert: What was that one you mentioned?
Waitress: You mean Coors Special Amber Light ?
Desert: No that one that sounded like obscure?
Waitress: Oh, that's a local beer.
Desert: What kind of beer is it?
Waitress: .
Desert: Yea, I'll take that one.
Desert: Don't you wish you had a beer list so you didn't have to go through this?
Waitress: Yes as she walks to the next table to repeat the process.

Put Andy Rooney on this one!

Old 12-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #14
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 386 Times on 319 Posts
Likes Given: 105

You can't see it all that well, but this one was nice...

That's just the bottle-stock, too, not the stuff on draft (this is where I had a Chimay Tripple for the first, and likely last, time).

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #15
RichBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I don't see why they can't have a beer list. How hard can that be. I'd much rather look at a list than listen to a waiter rattle off the beers they have.

Cheers,
Rich

Old 12-30-2006, 05:24 PM   #16
Hippie
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

OK Bird, where is the list from... it can't be too far, so I might find myself there by accident

And yes, the situation as described steams my weenie! I was a member at the local VFW before I moved and they only had a few beers, so I drank Capt. & Coke, which adds up a little faster...

Old 12-30-2006, 05:57 PM   #17
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

It's a small little tavern near the mother in-law's place, near the southernmost tip of the westernmost Finger Lake. Hammondsport, I think?

Great little place, really good seafood, and that beer list was pretty spectacular. We'll make it a tradition when we're out to visit.

EDIT: If you find yourself down in Amherst, hit up the Moan and Dove - their selection is unbelievably good as well. Now that you've got a couple more nickles in your pocket, there are all kinds of great beer places in the Amherst / Noho area.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie

Old 12-30-2006, 09:07 PM   #18
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 138 Times on 131 Posts

There's a reason I only go to brewpubs, people not only know what's on tap, they can make recommendations. One of the locals has "Something Lite" available, a nice Mild.

What really kills me is the last time I was in the Portland airport, the ONLY Oregon microbrew they had was Mirror Pond. More "three-tier distribution" BS.

[One exception: pizza, but even Domino's has micro brews here]

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 12-31-2006, 01:22 AM   #19
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4915 Times on 3564 Posts
Likes Given: 990

My rant is just a bit different that yours- I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere. So, when I go to Milwaukee I LOVE to have a good beer. Last night I was at the Waterstreet Brewery, where they have 6 or so beers. They are listed on the menu, but you have to ask about a seasonal. The waitress was very nice, but when I asked about the seasonal she off-handedly said it was "A Russian Imperial Stout. Very heavy- 12% alcohol. You'd probably want the. ______". When I order a beer, most waitstaff want to give me a damned blonde ale or worse- FRUIT BEER. Like a lady can't handle the hard stuff. Maybe that is their experience, but jeez, I asked about the beer because I was interested in ordering the beer. Then, I went to the Admirals game, and at the Leine's lodge, the guy working there encouraged me to have a Leinenkugel's Apple Spice. I asked him if they had any other seasonals- he said that no, they didn't. They carried Big Butt Dopplebock last year but only sold, like, 5. I told him that was me who bought them! I walked off with a Pilsner Urquell, which is better than most of the stuff they had.

By the way, the Imperial Stout was excellent.

Lorena

Find me on facebook: Lorena Evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 12-31-2006, 02:02 AM   #20
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

At least they weren't pushing one of those damn Smirnoff Twisted things on you (SWMBO loves those things).

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS