Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Wells Fargo Sucks!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Schlenkerla
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Wells Fargo Sucks!!

Man - I am really starting to hate Wells Fargo. Saturday morning I walked into our closest bank which happens to be a wonderful Smells Fartgo.

I walked in there asking for a few rolls of quarters. They asked if I had an account with them. I said no, they said can't give me a roll. I said ok how about 20 for $5? Again, said no.

I had $400 worth of singles to open a savings account for my newborn and it pissed me off so much all I can say fark their a$$es. Its the snotty a$$ way they said it that got me.

Is it me or does Wells Fargo have the innate ability to piss people off.

BS Nano-Brewery

Primary: SNPA Clone, Apfelwein
2ndary: Empty
Drinking: Dead Ringer IPA, Ma Duece (50 caliber) - Malt Liquor, Cranberry Wheat
Next: Cali-Common, American Amber, Smoked to Helles

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 37 Posts

Do you really think that banks exist to make change for random people off the street?

Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
silvervan83
Recipes 

I can't stand them. I had an acct with them for about 2.73 weeks before I told them to kiss off. One of my good friends was a supervisor there for about 3 months before HE told them to kiss off.
I'm not gonna make broad accusations but there are a few branches around here that just have the worst customer service.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
pen25
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

while the big banks started to charge for walk up teller service and started to limit things such as change counting(which they do anyway even if you rolled the coins) for people with accounts. and they started to refuse anything for people without accounts. such as wells fargo cashing a check that was written on an account there.

i had an employer one time who drew checks on wells fargo. state of tx allowed them to charge a fee for cashing it. which sucks cause they charged the company whose bank account it was for the check. anyway the banks such as boa bok wellsfargo chase will never see money from me directly as i will not open an account cause of their anti customer service policys. midfirst started putting change machines in their lobbies free for anyone.

i remember when bok which is a state bank here used to have a change machine. i would bring them a sack of change they would change it out. then they started to charge a fee which was fine but 10% was way too much. i mean its a machine that counts for them. then when i had an account for another bank called arvest they wouldnt take any bulk change not rolled. when i took in a bunch of rolled coin they split the rolls to drop in the machine to count. anyway i refuse to do business with banks that have that fee for everything mentality.

from or living in oklahoma? come join us in the oklahoma group

Old 03-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post
Do you really think that banks exist to make change for random people off the street?
Yes - That's why I went in there. What a stooopid question.

I know what you mean but it was the snotty bitch attitude that pissed me off more.

A simple act like that might have gotten my business, but now I will tell a bunch of people they suck balls.

BTFW - THEY SUCK BALLS!!!

My wife used to work at the mortgage office where they got state money to hire 2000 employees. 3 months after they got the funds they laid them off. All under the guise that they are contract employees. To me its like cookin' the books on head count.

Credit for giving work to 2000 people, no bad press when you take their stapler and tell them GTFO.

BS Nano-Brewery

Primary: SNPA Clone, Apfelwein
2ndary: Empty
Drinking: Dead Ringer IPA, Ma Duece (50 caliber) - Malt Liquor, Cranberry Wheat
Next: Cali-Common, American Amber, Smoked to Helles

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 03-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

My Wells Fargo story -

Got my loan through them when I bought the engagement ring, they were the only bank the jeweler dealt with. Week one - the incessant phone calls come in. Want me to consolidate some other debt (school, CC, car) with them. I listen for the first time - they are going to consolidate at 14%. My CC is at 8%, my students loans are deferred because I'm in graduate school, and my car only had a year left.

I ask why they would want me to refinance at a higher rate (the credit card had the majority of the debt) and laugh.

They keep calling, I ask to be put on their "do not call" list, but they tell me they can't do that since I'm a customer with an outstanding balance.

Calls keep coming. I go in to an office one day, and some girl tells me the exact same thing about refinancing - at this time, my car has maybe half a year left on it and the CC is paid down, and they still fail to update their system or realize that I am not paying my student loans (only interest) since they're deferred - they keep thinking I'm paying them, even though I tell this girl face to face that isn't the case.

Finally paid the damn thing off, told them to suck it, and filed me complaint with the BBB since I'm pretty sure what they told me about their do not call was a crock.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #7
remilard
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by llazy_llama View Post
The exist for the same reason any company exists: to make a profit. Changing coins into bills costs them next to nothing, and is good customer service. If I'm in the market to open a savings account (something which makes the banks money) and they treat me poorly, I'll go somewhere else.
My understanding is that they have no problems performing this service for customers.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:13 AM   #8
katja
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post
Umm...I worked for a bank that does provide that service for non-customers - working off the model of a retail establishment rather than the traditional banking model.

Considering the condition of our banking system, you'd think they might be interested in the concept of customer service.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:57 AM   #9
remilard
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by katja View Post
Umm...I worked for a bank that does provide that service for non-customers - working off the model of a retail establishment rather than the traditional banking model.

Considering the condition of our banking system, you'd think they might be interested in the concept of customer service.
A lack of retail deposits is not one of the problems facing the banking industry.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:19 AM   #10
katja
Recipes 

Right, but financial institutions acting like complete douchebags IS one of the problems facing our banking industry...never said consumer deposits were an issue - most people (my husband excluded) aren't willing to bury their cash in the backyard. Fact is, the bank I mentioned is not a major investment bank and has had continued success because of its contribution to the local community in the way of customer service. Gets my dollar every time over the Wells Fargo type.

Quick Reply