Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > And the well died!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #21
KayaBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 96

If it takes any of the pain away (which I doubt it will), last week one of my water pipes froze and burst when it was a cool -21˚ outside. Luckily I was home when it happened, but in the 10 or so seconds it took me to jump down 12 stairs, open the closet door and turn the shut-off, I had at least 30 gallons of water on the floor and leaking from the T&G ceiling. The water also completely ruined a new tile ceiling in my bathroom. I'm a handyman by trade, so the repair to the pipe was no big deal, but the entire ordeal was a massive inconvenience.

Then karma kicked me in the junk. The next day, my kerosene heater mysteriously quit working. Good thing we do 95% of our heating with wood. But when it's really cold out, the kerosene heater is a nice backup. Anyways, after a full day of freezing my butt off outside messing with the tank, I figured out that there was enough condensation mixed into the fuel to freeze the line. Since water is much heavier than kerosene, it had settled to the bottom of the tank and froze there. Long story short, I had to find a way to thaw the tank and line, then drain off the liquid until pure kerosene ran out. Pain in the ASSSS!

"...Careful, man...there's a beverage here!..."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply