Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Weird Question: Any Ren Faire goers here?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

My wife and I went to NY's Ren Faire when we first met and we both enjoyed it immensely. We plan on taking our daughters this year. After reading this thread, I may consider dressing up. The only thing that would hold me back is I remember that the people who were dressed up got a lot more attention from the people they had wandering around engaging with the visitors. I'm worried that some of those people might scare the kids.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #12
sonofgrok
n00basaurus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 250 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
My wife and I went to NY's Ren Faire when we first met and we both enjoyed it immensely. We plan on taking our daughters this year. After reading this thread, I may consider dressing up. The only thing that would hold me back is I remember that the people who were dressed up got a lot more attention from the people they had wandering around engaging with the visitors. I'm worried that some of those people might scare the kids.
Might make it more fun for the kids too! Not sure how old your kids are but I heard that a lot of kids dress up like faeries and stuff and have a blast.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~Ernest Hemingway

Old 02-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

My oldest is 2.5. I think we will dress them up. The older one will get a real kick out of that. We were supposed to go to Medieval Times tomorrow actually, but this blizzard looks to be changing those plans.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #14
Kittyfeet
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 43

When we lived back east, we went to the CT faire every year. It was a blast! Dressed up and everything. Haven't been to many in Oregon, tho.

For cheap pants, get some black scrubs. They're baggy and tuck into boots nicely.

Also check Goodwill for shirts or vests; we've found some good stuff before. Ebay might have some good stuff, as well as Etsy.

If anyone sews, there are free patterns for simple shirts/capes on the internets, and Joanne's always has X percent off coupons on their site. The added bonus is that you don't even have to be good at sewing; it's usually a bunch of straight lines.

You can also be a muddy peasant; dark baggy clothing, and roll in a mud puddle. Instant costume!

Quick Reply