Weird Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Any ranchers on the board? If so, do you have access to a bull/steer horn? If so, is it valuable to you, or would you be willing to part with it?

I am a city boy, and I know little in the ways of cattlery...

I'm right in the middle of cattle country, can I have to see if I get my hands on a few now. maybe I'll even see if I can try and get some bison horn

Would it be that hard to send across the border in regular mail? not an endangered species or any sort of weapon, might be worthwhile checking into

Yknow what I dont know. I would think that it would be considered an agricultural product and thus disallowed... I have no idea!

just got off the phone and apparently it is a restricted product because it is an agricultural product. I asked if I was allowed to ship a leather jacket and he said that would be no problem. so horn that they live can live without are bad but leather that you have to kill them to get is no problem. gotta love the government logic

just got off the phone and apparently it is a restricted product.

All horns are I believe. Also I think it's illegal to sell antlers and other decorative parts from game animals (like a buck rack). Serious fines and trouble if you piss off the game wardens!

I wasn't sure if cattle would've been classified different because they were domestic animal and no special license is needed to posess meat or any other part

You can look at any leather supply company and they sell horns too (i.e. tandy Leather) or some balckpowder supply companies sell them to make powderhorns out of (track of the wolf)

It should be mentioned that my misadventure with the bleached pork bone derails my drinking horn train for a while... until she forgets at least.

Lol.

I just saw this. Great idea.

How I imagine Creamy...
bacon-skyrim-helmet.jpg

I think it would be awesome to have a leather viking helmet where the horns detached and were filled with ale!

Honestly the thought of owning a drinking horn has never even crossed my mind until I read this thread.

Now I must own one. MUST.

Edit: just ordered 2 of them from amazon.

Lol.

I just saw this. Great idea.

How I imagine Creamy...
bacon-skyrim-helmet.jpg

I think it would be awesome to have a leather viking helmet where the horns detached and were filled with ale!

A bacon helmet? That's just awesome! Looks pretty gnarly too. Brings a whole new dimension to the term "meathead." :D
Regards, GF.

Back