Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Want to take time off

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
Antler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Default Want to take time off

I live on the east coast of Canada, fly to/from Alberta to work as a truck driver. March/April are usually slowest months of the year for working in Alberta because of everything thawing out. My fiancé is 7 months pregnant so I'd like to take a month or 2 off starting mid February to be home with her and the baby, but I don't want to sit at home without income. I know I could take some maternity leave but I think that will take time from my spouses leave and I don't want to do that.
Is there any other type of paid (company or EI) that I can get? Would it be wise to ask to be laid off, with intentions of returning to work in a couple months?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply