Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Vinyl Tubing to fill Growler from Tap

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
star1616
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Vinyl Tubing to fill Growler from Tap

Hello, I am new to the home brewing community. I need to purchase some vinyl tubing for my tap to fill growlers. Should I purchase 3/8 inch vinyl tubing? Also what length should I ask for? A foot? Thanks for your help!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2347 Times on 1666 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

Welcome!

Firstly, we have no idea what you have for a faucet/tap. This is critical in determining the correct size of tubing. Now I have a Perlick faucet with a removable spout, so I purchased a custom-made Stainless fitting that threads into the faucet and provides an airtight seal and barbed end. I use a small bit of vinyl over that and then a length of rigid plastic tubing that goes into the bottle/growler, long enough to find the bottom.

I think the best course of action for you is to take a measurement of the height of a growler, ad a few inches, and plan on that being the length. You could also measure the diameter of the spout to determine the correct tubing diameter, either inside, or outside the spout, depending on whichever you feel would make the best seal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply