Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Video Games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #201
kellysrepairs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

also want a new red dead, just beat assassins creed 3 . awesome game, i heard the latest hit man is also great

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #202
Krovitz
Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyhoppyhippo View Post
Yeah at least Microsoft extended the warranty on it. I sent I think 2 or 3 back with RROD but it did hurt my playing time. I'm actually in the middle of being pissed off at Microsoft so I may buy the WiiU a little early. I think it's asinine that you need to be a gold member to use Hulu and Netflix. The free content I can understand but those shenanigans require a subscription. When I was a big gamer it didn't phase me cause I played games online anyway but now I'm thinking I could spend 60 bucks on Live, or spend 290 more and get a new system and never have to pay a fee to play online. It's something I'm seriously considering if I ever get pissed off enough at my XBox
Getting nickel and dimed over the years by Microsoft definitely wears on you. The Wii U looks interesting but my current Wii is collecting dust at the moment. After the initial fun of the first Wii, I only used it for Zelda and the occasional Mario game. I think I'm waiting for the first price drop this time around, see how things work out.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #203
rifraf
Recipes 

Liked 195 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 61

The cost for Xbox live has always blown my mind compared to PSN being free. I've subscribed to PS+ which is pretty awesome, and is the same price as Xbox gold.

You have to grow old, you don't have to grow up.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #204
theveganbrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 290 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 265

I also don't understand the cost of Xbox live and I fear PSN might cost in the future. I dis PS+ for a while and really liked it. Will probably get back into it once the new system launches.

-Retired Homebrewer

Old 02-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #205
hoppyhoppyhippo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 256 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovitz View Post
Getting nickel and dimed over the years by Microsoft definitely wears on you. The Wii U looks interesting but my current Wii is collecting dust at the moment. After the initial fun of the first Wii, I only used it for Zelda and the occasional Mario game. I think I'm waiting for the first price drop this time around, see how things work out.
That's my concern but I think with the Wii U (or at least I desperately hope) that they'll realize they have to appeal to the hard core gamers as well as the hobbyists and I think they realize it since they made the pro controller. Cause lets face it sometimes you just want to play a traditional shooter or sports game. I mean it's hard for me to leave XBox and I probably will get live again at some point (Gears Judgment) but the whole idea that you need a gold subscription to access crap you need a subscription for rubs me the wrong way. To me that just isn't good business and it won't help promote the growth of the XBox as a smart TV replacment which they want to be with things like Smartglass, Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc. And for me it's not a price thing, it's a principle thing. When I was playing games online I had no issue with paying for XBL because face it there were no issues like ther ewas with PSN or whatever the Wii used. But I have no desire to play online, so I'm not gonna pay 5 bucks a month to not utilize something. that 5 bucks can buy me 2 ounces of good hops!!

I'm probably gonna wait for the WiiU to drop as well, or until they have some more games. Right now there's not even a game on the horizon I'm excited about. Or at least not one Ican't get on the 360. I know in the end I'll cave and buy XBL Gold but every month that I protest I pray not having my 5 bucks hurts Microsoft in the smallest way possible.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #206
IanJ
youtube.com/breweryshow
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 70

PC gamer for life. The only consoles that really gave me true entertainment existed in the 80's. You just can't compete with a computer for graphic quality and controls, granted I use an Xbox controller for some platform/sidescroller games on my computer.

Back to the original topic, I'm big into multiplayer games, TF2 specifically, it's sort of an addiction. Can't handle the hacking with the CoD series, thankfully that bug never bit me... although single player can be fun for a quick story.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #207
Jukas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by theveganbrewer View Post
I also don't understand the cost of Xbox live and I fear PSN might cost in the future. I dis PS+ for a while and really liked it. Will probably get back into it once the new system launches.
Having both systems, I never found nearly the presence on PSN that is on xbox live. While I'd prefer that apps like Hulu and Netflix didn't require gold, it's really not that expensive. If you shop the deal sites you can usually find 12mo gold subs for $35-39 delivered and they stack if you're worried about future price increase. Even at the high end that's $3.33 a month, less than the cost of buying a cup of coffee at most places.

The cost is only unreasonable if you buy directly from MS at $60/yr. If you don't play online, then of course there's little value, but if you do it's well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianskate View Post
PC gamer for life. The only consoles that really gave me true entertainment existed in the 80's. You just can't compete with a computer for graphic quality and controls, granted I use an Xbox controller for some platform/sidescroller games on my computer.
That's true on graphics for sure. I do 99% of my limited gaming on consoles these days, but after spending all day on a computer for work, the last thing I want to do is sit in my office playing games. I'd much rather relax on the couch late at night playing them on my flat screen tv.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #208
hoppyhoppyhippo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 256 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
Having both systems, I never found nearly the presence on PSN that is on xbox live. While I'd prefer that apps like Hulu and Netflix didn't require gold, it's really not that expensive. If you shop the deal sites you can usually find 12mo gold subs for $35-39 delivered and they stack if you're worried about future price increase. Even at the high end that's $3.33 a month, less than the cost of buying a cup of coffee at most places.

The cost is only unreasonable if you buy directly from MS at $60/yr. If you don't play online, then of course there's little value, but if you do it's well worth it.
I usually get the deals on it as well, and I had no qualms when I was playing games online, but right now I'm not and really haven't since last September or so whenever I leveled up in Gears 3. Right now I just have no interest in playing online.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #209
theveganbrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 290 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukas View Post

That's true on graphics for sure. I do 99% of my limited gaming on consoles these days, but after spending all day on a computer for work, the last thing I want to do is sit in my office playing games. I'd much rather relax on the couch late at night playing them on my flat screen tv.
That's not bad, I didn't know they discounted, I thought it was a fixed price. Even 60 isn't that bad, I thought it was much more expensive than that.

-Retired Homebrewer

Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #210
Barnzy02
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I'm up in the air regarding the new consoles. I grew up a PS guy, but opted for the 360 over the PS3. Left 4 Dead was the sole reason i picked up an xbox.

I've slowly been getting back into PC gaming as well, just finished half life 2 again, such a great game.

Spent many, many, many hours in Starcraft and WC3. Trying to get a DOTA2 invite to check that out have a few friends that are playing that.

Primary - Amber Alert IPA
Primary - Mild
Primary - empty

Keg - PennsPorter - Vanilla Porter
Keg - Rye Pale Ale

Pennsport Brewing

Quick Reply