Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Video Games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #181
Barnzy02
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy View Post
I also have been playing through the original Fallout on my laptop, not for nostalgia because when it came out I could never get the damn game to install and run properly. But, now I can so I'm playing it.
i bought the fallout pack off of steam a few years back.

dear lord is the original fallout facking hard.

Also, I heard a lot of bad things about metro 2033, but was always interested in it ... worth it ?

Primary - Amber Alert IPA
Primary - Mild
Primary - empty

Keg - PennsPorter - Vanilla Porter
Keg - Rye Pale Ale

Pennsport Brewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #182
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnzy02 View Post
i bought the fallout pack off of steam a few years back.

dear lord is the original fallout facking hard.

Also, I heard a lot of bad things about metro 2033, but was always interested in it ... worth it ?
Totally worth it. I am not sure what bad things you heard. One thing I'd suggest is playing it on an easier difficulty setting than you might normally, as ammo can be pretty scarce in some spots (you really need to be scavenging as much as you can find all the time), and becomes moreso the higher the difficulty as the enemies get tougher to kill. There are also a few tough sections in the game that can be a bit frustrating, but nothing totally outrageous, and I think experiencing the overall atmosphere and story are worth it. The last chapter or so of the game is sort of a letdown compared to the rest of it, though, but I thought the same thing about Half-Life and that doesn't stop it from being a fantastic game....it's just a fantastic game with a crappy ending.

EDIT: whoops I posted a link to a promotion NVidia had been doing at the end of last year, which apparently ended already, where they were giving away free steam codes for the game. It's still very easy to find dirt cheap, and totally worth the insanely low prices you can find it selling for. If you're not in a hurry to play it right now, I'd suggest waiting a couple of months and it will assuredly go on sale for $5 or less again.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #183
drainbamage
Something something danger zone
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 609 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 1092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
Unless they've done so again, their expanded ending really wasn't much different and still followed the same lame concept of the first ending.
Yeah, it was more of an extended cutscene than an entirely new ending. I don't think they've added to it any more since then.

When the uproar first came out over the ending, I read an interview with some of the designers, and they explained the complaints off by saying that the entire third game is the ending, so all the choices you made during the other games would result in cameos from minor characters, or certain forces being available to fight the Reapers or not. Also, they resolved other side plots like the genophage, the Quarian/Geth war, and stuff like that. I can kind of understand that, but having everything come down to a decision between 3 ending cutscenes still felt a bit lazy on their part. Oh well. It was a fun game series nonetheless.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #184
Krovitz
Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Must avoid Mass Effect 3 ending tirade....

I just picked up Far Cry 3 on Thursday. This game is awesome. Highly recommended.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #185
hoppyhoppyhippo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 273 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I want to pick up Far Cry 3, but I'm saving my money for the big games I want this year, Gears Judgement, Bioshock Infinite, GTA 5, and if they come out this year, the Stick of Truth and Watch Dogs. Though my hunch is Watch Dogs will not come out this year.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #186
Jukas
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 89 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I just realized I still haven't even opened Gears of War 3 that I preordered. A perfect reminder of why I don't buy $60 preorders anymore

Old 02-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #187
theveganbrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 292 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 265

Looks like the PS4 will be announced officially on February 20th. Word is it's due out for the holiday season, or earlier, and will feature a brand new controller that has a video screen where the start, select, and PS button are. Rumor is that that screen will allow you to share your screen captures and videos from your game with friends with a click or two. They say the PS4 will record the last 15 minutes of gameplay constantly and allow you to go in and edit videos and share. So, anyone think it'll be cheaper than $600 at launch?

-Retired Homebrewer

Old 02-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #188
Krovitz
Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I got Far Cry for $40 used. I think watch dogs is already confirmed for next gen consoles so it would be out at the end of the year at the earliest.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ps4 is well over 600 but maybe they learned a lesson from this generation.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #189
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay SHARP
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1691 Times on 1204 Posts
Likes Given: 691

I love video games. Pretty much any stripe I'll enjoy, except for sports and racing games. Platform and one-on-one fighting games are alright, but I get bored of them quickly (where my wife loves the platform games). I'd say RPGs are the top. I love the whole Elder Scrolls series (between them I've probably put more than 6000 hours into them). I dig the Fallout series too. I also play a lot of the Assassin's Creed series, as well as Call of Duty. The first few games in the Splinter Cell series were awesome too.

Up Next: Bluebird Bitter Clone v2.5, Scottish 60/-, Rye American Pale Ale
Primary: Robust Porter, Kitchen Sink Brown Porter, Bluebird Bitter Clone v2.0
Souring: Lamebic, Flanders Red, Brett. C. Old Ale, Sour Stout, Brett C. Wild Bitter, Wild Cider
Polypins: Dark Mild
Bottled: English Cider, Belgian IPA, Spiced Winter Warmer, Malt Liquor
In the "cellar": Brett B. Tripel, Quadrupel, Tripel, Brett C. Oaked English Barleywine, Lamebic

Old 02-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #190
grathan
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by theveganbrewer View Post
Looks like the PS4 will be announced officially on February 20th. Word is it's due out for the holiday season, or earlier, and will feature a brand new controller that has a video screen where the start, select, and PS button are. Rumor is that that screen will allow you to share your screen captures and videos from your game with friends with a click or two. They say the PS4 will record the last 15 minutes of gameplay constantly and allow you to go in and edit videos and share. So, anyone think it'll be cheaper than $600 at launch?
I heard it could be $350-399.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-xbox-consoles

Quick Reply