*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > The [very cool] doctor who thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #51
BrewingViking
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well the master broke the time lock the doctor created on the time war. So maybe they can. That would mean that either jenny or river could change what the doctor does. Interesting...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #52
beerbroad
Recipes 

I like Matt Smith and I have heard rumors of Hugh Laurie playing the part. I think that would be awesome.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:14 AM   #53
BrewingViking
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

So what does everyone think of the christmas special?

Old 12-29-2012, 03:21 AM   #54
tszetela
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewingViking View Post
So what does everyone think of the christmas special?
I like it! O.O. is hot!

Oh and...

http://whohassonic.tumblr.com/post/3...ompanion-fight
Old 12-29-2012, 03:25 AM   #55
Beer-lord
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 20

The new gal started to gron on me fast but damn, Amy Pond is so fine.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #56
rhoop
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewingViking View Post
Well the master broke the time lock the doctor created on the time war. So maybe they can. That would mean that either jenny or river could change what the doctor does. Interesting...
Old comment, but I don't think the master broke the time lock. The high council of Galafray broke the time lock using the master. Unless they tried something else along a similar vein, the time lock is intact.

I haven't been able to see any of the new ones. The space channel that I get stopped airing them at the angels in new york . I will have to wait until it hits netflix later 2013.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #57
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 514 Times on 395 Posts
Likes Given: 76

This might become a long and boring post:

New era:
I'm loving it!! Souffle girl is definitely the purdiest so far, it reminds me of growing up, kids back then always had a little boy woody for the companions, even the goofy ones! It was a part of growing up!
If O.O.'s name is not an anagram or something similar I will eat my own anus. "Sloan's Widow" All they need is a character called Sloan!

I thought David Tennant was the best Doc yet, but Matty is doing a great job also.

Old era:

I grew up with Dr Who from day one (I assume) I was only 6 at the time, but I can can definitely remember the first episodes of season 2 because they had giant ants in them, and any kid will remember getting freaked out by giant ants. Anyways, I think it is reasonable to suppose that I would have seen the first series too, as there were only two TV channels at the time, and only the BBC was showing anything watchable.

My favourite was Tom Baker, of course. I stopped watching when Peter Davidson started. I thought it was because I didn't like his cricket gear, because I hate cricket and anything related to it, but I suppose I was just really really too old for it. It was still supposed to be a kid's show after all.

Now, this is where I get seriously geeky:

Douglas Adams:
Anyone who likes Douglas Adams books, and does not already know this, should keep reading.
Adams's book "Dirk Dently's Holistic Detective Agency" was based on two Dr. Who stories of the Tom Baker era (Adams introduced Richard Dawkins to the companion Lalla Ward, who Dawkins married)
The City of Death can be found on Netflix
Shada was an unfinished and un-aired story that can be bought on Amazon or found in pieces on Youtube. The unfinished parts are filled in by Tom Baker telling you the missing parts, or by a truly terrible amateur cartoon with REALLY bad script reading by some fans.
Anyway, I have watched my way through all this, simply because Dr Who/Douglas Adams is a perfect storm of fan nerdydom for me, so how could I not!

Adams co-wrote on City of Death, but was entirely responsible for Shada. Shada is worth watching if only for some great comedy writing, especially for the character of Prof. Chronotis. Some of which turns up in Dirk Gently, I think.

Anyway! Best line ever (Including the modern Timey wimey concept of the modern era). Spoken to a character named Parsons who does not believe it is possible to travel faster than the speed of light:

The Doctor: What? Do you understand Einstein?
Parsons: Yes.
The Doctor: What? And quantum theory?
The Doctor: What? And Planck?
The Doctor: What? And Newton?
The Doctor: What? And Schoenberg?
Parsons: Of course.

The Doctor: You've got a lot to unlearn.

I'll crawl back in my nerdy-hole now.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #58
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2168 Times on 1550 Posts
Likes Given: 1197

Amy still the hottest for now, but Souffle Girl is coming on strong! I love her attitude with the Doctor. She makes him a bit flustered if you ask me.

I'm still betting Amy and Rory come back in a future episode or two. They just CAN'T end them that way!

Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #59
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 224 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 378

i just watched The End of Time for the first time. I never watched much of the Tennant era but it was pretty good. I'll have to watch more of the (relatively) older stuff.

The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

– "A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 01-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #60
BrewingViking
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

So far loving souffle girl. I think this is going to be another great season. Who she is has got me going crazy. I want the show to start now. Been hearing some things around the web that she could be romana 3. Have to say i haven't seen her era yet, still working on the first doctor, but did wiki her and it sounds reasonable. Also hopeing that they do another multi doctor for the 50th anniversary.

Quick Reply