Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > The [very cool] doctor who thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #41
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratslinger

I don't see your logic... Just because he gets her as a companion earlier in her personal timeline than the point where she becomes a dalek hybrid, doesn't necessarily mean that she doesn't still eventually become that dalek hybrid and help the doctor out of the jam he was in in the asylum. Timey wimey stuff and all that.

Personally, I think we're already off for another sad ending with a companion. Sure, maybe his goodbye with this one might not be sad, but we've already seen her own, individual eventual sad ending.
But wasn't that the case with riversong? She knew him but he didn't know her with there timelines in a opposite direction twist instead of the library episode with the 10th doctor.. I would think there would have been some mention of old friend or of a kind unless the daleks wiped her memory and gave her her false sense of reality and yes, her ending ..
Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #42
stratslinger
Brewing Thespian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 83

That's a good point - if this were the same person, just further along in her own timeline, she WOULD have recognized the Doctor, wouldn't she? So much for that theory...

Old 10-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #43
ACbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewingViking View Post
SPOILERS!

So what does everyone think of souffle girl as the new companion?
The Actress for the souffle girl is the same as the new companion. Is the Character the same? I don't know. In the episodes where the Daleks bring back davros, and bring the 27 worlds together, there were a bunch of Dr Who companions all get together again (ends with Dr. Donna etc), Eve Mylers who plays Gwen Cooper is recognized by Rose and the Dr. They make reference to her having a great aunt who was in Cardiff Wales during the Chrales Dickens episode of Dr Who (called the unquiet dead - serries 1 of the new).

I've been watching Dr. Who since Ark in Space, although I really didn't see much of Dr. 6 or 7. I just rewatched Ark in Space on Netflix, and 1. It is still a little creepy - giant bugs eating humans for their growing larva... 2. the ark is built in the 30th Century to escape a massive solar flare - see the Serries 5 ep2 (the beast below) with the space whale - so Moffet has some consistancy. It is also the sort of episodes that Davies was watching a kid (and shows in the episodes of Eggelston and Tenant).

I love that show and always have. So for me it was the once and always cool Dr. Who

Old 10-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #44
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt

Recipes 

Quote:
That's a good point - if this were the same person, just further along in her own timeline, she WOULD have recognized the Doctor, wouldn't she? So much for that theory...
On another point if he does change that timeline that would also screw up Rory and Amy staying together.. isn't that when they decided to get back together? Its almost like it would have to be earlier in her timeline and meeting the younger doctor during her demise and not remembering him or losing her memory.. in wich case your theory is sound!!
Father of 4 girls

Old 10-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #45
BrewingViking
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It has been announced that souffle girl is the new companion. And that she is the same character.
I think what happened or will happen to souffle girl is planned by the doctor. He will have her turned into a dalek so that he can release her on them. The future doctor most likely told the daleks how to contact him in the past as well. In the asylum ep he asked how they know how to contact him. The process of turning into a dalek most likely erases their memory. But she was strong enough to remember her last week or so as a human. Wibbley wobbley timey wimey.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #46
ACbrewer
Recipes 

As I was typing my comment above I was thinking that it would be possible for Soufle girl to be the same person - after alll, the Dr. never sees her, and if the change to dalek wiped part of her mind, then she wouldn't remember/recognize her personal history with the Doctor.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #47
stratslinger
Brewing Thespian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 83

I'm trying to remember - did she ever give him her name? She had to, right? I guess the real question is was that her real name, or just whatever her Dalek name was... Could be a real shock when the Doctor "first" meets her - "I once knew someone with that same name..."

Old 10-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #48
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewingViking
It has been announced that souffle girl is the new companion. And that she is the same character.
I think what happened or will happen to souffle girl is planned by the doctor. He will have her turned into a dalek so that he can release her on them. The future doctor most likely told the daleks how to contact him in the past as well. In the asylum ep he asked how they know how to contact him. The process of turning into a dalek most likely erases their memory. But she was strong enough to remember her last week or so as a human. Wibbley wobbley timey wimey.
I have a hard time imagining the doctor planning on having her turned into a dalek purposely for his benefit.. it would have to do with saving her life, or it was her choice unless it's the daleks that get her and do it and the doctor plants a seed in her subconsciousness to release her wrath.. I wonder what she will bring out in the doctor? hate & revenge?

Quote:
I'm trying to remember - did she ever give him her name? She had to, right? I guess the real question is was that her real name, or just whatever her Dalek name was... Could be a real shock when the Doctor "first" meets her - "I once knew someone with that same name..."
I believe she did give her name at the end..
Father of 4 girls

Old 10-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #49
BrewingViking
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

She did give him her name. She says something like why do you keep calling me souffle girl, I do have a name its oswin. But I think it's going to be one of those fixed points. The doctor doesn't want to but has to so that the ponds can be together and so he can erase himself from the dalek database

Old 10-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #50
ACbrewer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewingViking View Post
But I think it's going to be one of those fixed points.
That posses an interesting question. Could Romana or another Galafrian shift a fixed point. I mean fixed for the Doctor, but fixed for everybody? Of course this is taken care of by wiping out Galafry.

Quick Reply