Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Verizon iPhone?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Default Verizon iPhone?!?!

Is anyone else going crazy over this like I am?

I've never had a smart phone, and never wanted one until recently. I finally decided I want one bad, and came REALLY close to leaving Verizon for Sprint to get the Droid Incredible and have a much cheaper bill, but decided I'm not willing to give up Verizon's far superior coverage. So I then decided to get the same phone for Verizon, but don't want to pull the trigger and then have them announce the iPhone, which I REALLY REALLY want, right after I spend all that money!

I'm a huge Apple guy - won't buy a PC ever again - but never bought the iPhone because of AT&T's horrible reputation. I have about 20 friends with AT&T iPhones, and they all txt all day because they can barely ever make a full phone call without dropping it.

Please tell me someone on here works for Apple or Verizon and can at least hint that my long, annoying wait is finally almost over!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2010, 03:30 AM   #2
Blender
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I don't work for either company but there are very strong rumors it will be on the Verizon network in 1st quarter 2011.

You could always buy a used phone for the time being and then you aren't locked into a 2 year contract. The android phones are pretty nice. I like the Droid 2.

Gary

Old 12-18-2010, 03:33 AM   #3
Edcculus
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 38 Posts

They always say a Verizon iPhone is just around the corner. Last year it was the beginning of 2010, then it was the fall, now its 1st quarter 2011. I doubt it will happen. Verizon and Apple are both companies with big egos. Verizon wants too much control over the phones, and Apple isn't willing to give up any control. I gave up on Verizon anyways, just too damn expensive.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:46 AM   #4
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3002 Times on 2955 Posts
Likes Given: 28

The iphone, no matter what carrier is a overpriced piece of junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 12-18-2010, 03:50 AM   #5
Rick91981
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
Smartest thing I've heard all day!

Old 12-18-2010, 03:57 AM   #6
Rick91981
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Is anyone else going crazy over this like I am?

I've never had a smart phone, and never wanted one until recently. I finally decided I want one bad, and came REALLY close to leaving Verizon for Sprint to get the Droid Incredible and have a much cheaper bill, but decided I'm not willing to give up Verizon's far superior coverage. So I then decided to get the same phone for Verizon, but don't want to pull the trigger and then have them announce the iPhone, which I REALLY REALLY want, right after I spend all that money!

I'm a huge Apple guy - won't buy a PC ever again - but never bought the iPhone because of AT&T's horrible reputation. I have about 20 friends with AT&T iPhones, and they all txt all day because they can barely ever make a full phone call without dropping it.

Please tell me someone on here works for Apple or Verizon and can at least hint that my long, annoying wait is finally almost over!!!

From what I have heard, it is likely to be ANNOUNCED in January. I would guess availability would be sometime in the spring. It's all only a bunch of rumors though. Nothing is known for sure. People are saying it will support LTE (4G) which will not be widespread on VZW until later 2011 if that means anything. Again, it is all just hearsay. No one knows for sure other than the big shots at Apple and VZW.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:35 AM   #7
JonW

Recipes 

Liked 104 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
I hate Macs. I hate the way Apple runs their business and thinks they know what is best for you. I hate all the Apple fan boys that cheer every time Steve Jobs farts.

But... there is no arguing that the iPhone is a great phone with a lot of cutting edge technology stuffed into it.

My Single Tier, 3 Pump, BCS-462, Brutus Build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/sing...ed-rig-204705/
My customized BCS-462 controller web interface: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/hack...s-done-209388/
My 8 tap, 11 keg, upright Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/upri...1-kegs-371438/

Old 12-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #8
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick91981 View Post
From what I have heard, it is likely to be ANNOUNCED in January. I would guess availability would be sometime in the spring.
That's what I keep finding everywhere online. I'm really leaning towards leaving Verizon on principle, but when it comes down to it, I blame Apple more than Verizon. AT&T was clearly a mistake, and a lot of talk seems to point to the iPhone not only coming to Verizon, but all the major carriers.

I'm thinking switching to Sprint isn't such a bad idea, if the iPhone is also coming there. But I'm so nervous about losing Verizon's coverage. They are expensive for a reason: they are far better than every other service.

As for being a "Mac fan-boy", the product convinced me. I hate being on a PC. Had my Mac for two years, haven't had a single problem with it. It is a far superior computer if you are willing to pay extra for the superiority; I am. I want to have my computer, my music device and my cellphone all seamlessly linked, and I need the damn iPhone to do that!

Old 12-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #9
Brutus Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It's happening, from what I've been reading in the first half of '11 and possibly the irst quarter. Wall street is even taking note of the potential impact to Apple and some analysts have raised their price to over 400 per share based on the alliance with Verizon. When wall street gets involved it's only a matter of time.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #10
MriswitH
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Depends on really what you're looking at doing. If you want a smartphone now, whats wrong with one of the Android line?

I too, really, really wanted an iPhone and waited patiently to see if they would come out with a Verizon version this year but it never happened. Rumor has it that one will come out early in 2011 for Verizon, but I ended up going with a Droid X.

Couldn't. Be. Happier..! Screen is large, sure, but its well worth it. Streaming, web browsing, etc.

Quick Reply