Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > US goes to war with Poland-Destroyer USS Ramage fires upon Polish port (accident)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
craigd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Saying they were "shelled" by a M240 is a bit silly. Maybe they were also carpet bombed by an m203?

-Craig

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #12
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2712 Times on 1630 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Who cares...I'm still waiting for the moon Nazis to retaliate for that pre-emptive strike we did on the moon a couple weeks back. You know, the one where we used the cover story about bombing the moon to search for water...yeah right, water.

Some of us know the truth.....

We just tried to get them before 2018.......so if they don't invade by then,we know we were successful.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #13
Dalarast
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well it goes along with the Chair Force not knowing a plane was loaded with nuke's around the country a few years back. Luckily the support (hehe) branches, navy and airforce, still get that large amount of funding to waste while us Army guys figure out now to reinforce our own vehicles.... the only better spenders of government funds is the marines who are STILL using their Vietnam-era designed amphibious AAV's as their primary modes of transportation in the start of the war.

Navy enjoy your 10 billion dollar boat.. I'll keep my redesigned rifle from the 60s (no I would really like a new one; but if wishes were horses!!!)

Old 10-30-2009, 06:02 AM   #14
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 836 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 1103

My best friend's brother is on that ship. I can't wait to rag on him when he gets back. His Facebook status right now is "I'm dead tired". He's an officer, so he must have been dealing with all the crap over this all day.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #15
craigd
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalarast View Post
Well it goes along with the Chair Force not knowing a plane was loaded with nuke's around the country a few years back. Luckily the support (hehe) branches, navy and airforce, still get that large amount of funding to waste while us Army guys figure out now to reinforce our own vehicles.... the only better spenders of government funds is the marines who are STILL using their Vietnam-era designed amphibious AAV's as their primary modes of transportation in the start of the war.

Navy enjoy your 10 billion dollar boat.. I'll keep my redesigned rifle from the 60s (no I would really like a new one; but if wishes were horses!!!)
No kidding. I remember in basic training the rifle I qualified with I had to tap the retaining pins back in every few shots to keep the thing from field stripping itself between rounds! We were still using Vietnam vintage M-60s (I verified some serial numbers for age when I was acting as armorer) in the 90s. Then I went to the national guard where things where the old gear was...

-Craig

Old 11-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #16
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 163 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
Knowing the Navy as well as I do, someone is going to get in trouble.
Just wait until Jethro Gibbs arrives, there will be Hell to pay!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #17
Skins_Brew

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
Knowing the Navy as well as I do, someone is going to get in trouble.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Commanding Officer is relieved as well. One thing with the Navy is that the CO is almost always held accountable, even if he isn't there.
The sailor who fired it is definetly sol. He will go down for gun decking I am sure. I doubt the co will get relieved. My ship rammed another US destroyer and neither CO lost his job.

I Support My LHBS!! (Maryland HB)

Old 11-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #18
Beer_Maker

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 4 Posts

I deleted the from, but this an email that was set to the ship the other day for one of the Polish officials that came to a reception on the boat....

I laughed out loud!

Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 8:39 PM
To: XX
Subject: Thank you for visiting Gdansk, Poland

Thank you for visiting Gdansk, Poland

As a allied country in NATO we feel even more secure when we now know that you have all your weapons with security off when visiting us. We are glad for your diligent readiness and fast shooting ability for our security. But we have to say that we are very happy that you where cleaning the machine gun and not the missiles.

Welcome back friends..

-Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #19
Dalarast
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That's Amazing.. gotta love the Polish and the might of the US I can even imagine care package of CLP and cleaning rags for weapon maintenance.

Been great if it ended with "p.s. please leave your thermo-nuclear weapons at home when visiting port!"

Old 11-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #20
FireNightFly
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Everyone knows the next vietnam is POLAND!

Rambo was just cleaning his gun!

Quick Reply