Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Urgent... Do gals actually like getting lingerie for Christmas?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
mrkeeg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Urgent... Do gals actually like getting lingerie for Christmas?

Don't know who else to ask, so I guess you guys are as good as anyone...

Honest question... is lingerie a real gift? I am totally stuck for good xmas ideas ... I couldn't find a few things that would have been PERFECT. Aaaaand of course I'm a guy so now it's the last minute. Realistically... it's not very useful ... maybe it makes her feel objectified ... and hopefully... I receive as much (or more?) satisfaction from it than she would. I have a few other little things for her (like a 6 of belgian lambics...) ... can I throw a sexy little thing in as well? I know she'd look gorgeous in it.

Hmmm.

Maybe this should go in the "drunken ramblings" section...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
jgln
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I think we need to see pictures of her in previous lingerie gifts to be sure, that is the only way to tell. That or at least revealing pictures of her so we can decide if this would be an appropriate gift for her, but be quick about it because like you say time is short.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
D0ug
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 23

If she's anything like my SWMBO, she would probably prefer some nice warm soft pajamas.

The lingerie thing can be fun and all, but it rarely comes out, and unless the gal in question has a lot of confidence in her body and self image, it can make her feel self conscious. Plus she'll use the pajamas all the time when the weather is cool.

my 2 cents

Old 12-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
jgln
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0ug View Post
If she's anything like my SWMBO, she would probably prefer some nice warm soft pajamas.

The lingerie thing can be fun and all, but it rarely comes out, and unless the gal in question has a lot of confidence in her body and self image, it can make her feel self conscious. Plus she'll use the pajamas all the time when the weather is cool.

my 2 cents
That is why we need pictures!!

Old 12-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
Bedlam
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Another quick gift idea: Ticket Master gift certificate...you can buy it online, so it is quick and simple.

The best thing is, from a chick's perspective, is that she gets to pick the show/game/event/concert and you are obligated to go. She doesn't have to feel guilty about dragging you to it...after all you got it "for her". So she gets the warm fuzzy message that "Oh, look, he wants to spend TIME with me", which is a can't-lose, PLUS she gets to have some control over it, which, honestly, almost all women, really, crave.

Disclaimer: I'm allowed to say these things because I, too, am female. Don't any of you boys DARE say this **** or you'll be in trouble. Consider this post just a gift of insider knowledge.

-------------------------------------
Jill Mc

Last edited by Bedlam; 12-23-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: clarification of gender

Old 12-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
Flomaster
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 37

a Bra would be much more useful then lingerie would. depends on the relationship you have with said "Gal", but in my pre-marriage experience I've never had a girl surprise me with lingerie.

-=Jason=-

Old 12-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0ug View Post

my 2 cents
Yup, I did some shopping at victoria's secret for christmas.....to the comfy pjs section.

I've found that for lingerie, it's funner to go together and "play dress up" go to the store and pick something out together, especially if it's a place that allows couple in dressing rooms. It can be hot.

Doing that on a "date night" can be awesome and hot. But I think the involuntary picking out and giving of a piece of lingerie can be a little awkward. What if you pick out something she thinks is too slutty for her tastes?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
stephm
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

As a SWMBO I would love to get a gift cert from a NICE spa and I say NICE because guys those nail salons facials don't count. (Unless she gets her nails done at one and then make SURE you get a cert for the one she goes to.)

I would further suggest you get her a denominational gift cert, and not a specific "facial and 30 minute massage" one. That way she can get whatever package she wants.

Just my $0.02

Old 12-23-2010, 05:48 PM   #9
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 142 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You ask this question on a beer forum?

Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
Ricand
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Checked with the wife.. since asking a bunch of horn dogs on a beer forum isn't the way to get the female perspective. She said lingerie can be fun, but it's really a gift for YOU not the gal. I've successfully bought fuzzy cute PJs for my wife and she has been very appreciative.

Pictures are required before I can offer any more assistance.

Edit: Stephm excepted, sorry I do lose perspective and think EVERYONE on here is a guy.

If I was too drunk to remember it, it didn't happen.

If you got a good liver.. use it! - wife

CopperCat Brewery

Quick Reply