Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > TV Shows you've given up on.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 737 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Ten years ago, i never thought id say this, but I have given up on The Simpsons.

And, as awesome as Conan is, it's just not the same without the NBC writers and bits like driving the desk, staring contests, you-know-whating bear, If They Mated, etc.

And I've been watching the Daily Show since the Craig Kilbourn days but for whatever reason, I just can't get into it anymore.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
WildGingerBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1920 Times on 1896 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I am starting to lose interest interest in Two & Half Men. Starting tuning out of The Office when Carrell left. Just got into Breaking Bad and SOA in the last month or so because there was nothing on I wanted to watch. Both of those shows are great. I'm almost done with Season 4 of BB and almost done with season 1 of SOA. Justified is another "don't miss" for me. Love it! Other than that I'm still into Fringe but not near as much this season. NCIS, House, Bones,etc...pretty much are the same shows they have always been, not much has changed. Although this is the last season of House so the it may start getting interesting as the write it out.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #23
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

I actually feel like The Office was able to keep pace after Steve Carell. I like it just as much, if not better because of the increased time some of the other characters are getting.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #24
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 374 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 98

The first season (six episodes) of "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" (David Cross/Will Arnett) was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Absolutely epic. It's on Netflix streaming, watch it. Cross is playing a sad-sack, loser temp worker who suddenly gets promoted to sell energy drinks to the British market, and it's just a series of horrible, horrible lies that he tells and bad decisions that he makes and he just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper into the ****.

The second season, which just ended a couple nights ago, was a giant steaming turd. The whole thing. They basically try and explain (needlessly) the whole backstory, and the whole show just doesn't work. It's entirely unnecessary - if you're OK with filling in a few holes yourself, the first season works perfectly well on its own. The whole tone of the show changes - it's less about this one guy just spinning faster and faster, out of control, and it's now trying to be something completely different.

So, there's that.

EDIT: Oh, and "Simpsons" has been crap for what... ten years? Twelve? "South Park" I don't really watch much anymore, either.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #25
Cambone
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsnau View Post
I still like Big Bang Theory alot.
I use the big bang theory as a friendship litmus test. If you like it, it will be very unlikely we can ever be friends.

I'm about ready to give up on How I Met Your Mother. Kumar (From Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle) is TERRIBLE and the "Robin" episode this season had me ready to never watch again.

The office jumped the shark when James Spader got naked.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #26
Cambone
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
EDIT: Oh, and "Simpsons" has been crap for what... ten years? Twelve? "South Park" I don't really watch much anymore, either.
I think its only been "crap" since about 2006. Its started its decline in 2002, with a handful of memorable moments in 4 years. And garbage since.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #27
Jacob_Marley
Recipes 

Liked 153 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgaddy44 View Post
Call me crazy, but I admit that I enjoyed watching Two and a Half Men, when Charlie Sheen was on there. ... I'm not an Ashton Kutcher hater (not saying that I'm a fan either), but the story line has become complete garbage. I've totally tuned out.
Yup. Two and a Half Men is the only sitcom (or for that matter any situation drama) that I watched regularly. Was really a great show.
Ashton Kutcher creeps me out. Don't watch anymore.
It's only a matter of time for that show.

The other tv program I've had enough of is Tavis Smiley. I used to watch regularly, but his attitude and choices have changed since he got so tight with that racist freak he's been hanging around with. Smiley has become wildly biased to the point of appearing unhinged at times. He's really shown his true colors I guess. I had thought better of him ... I was wrong. What a huge disappointment.
I could really go on with a lot of pointed ranting about that dynamic but I won't.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #28
j1laskey
Recipes 

Liked 190 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The only show that consistently does it for me is First 48. I love that show because it is the closest to the real thing that any cop show has ever been.
I got a chance to meet a bunch of the camera guys and producers for the First 48, some of the same guys shot and produced Boston Med... They say that it is the "realist" thing on television.
The Secretion Brewery

Let's think it over and stop making sense

Old 02-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #29
kgalle
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Season two of The Walking Dead was a chore to watch... ...until the last episode, which was awesome (even though I knew it was coming). I doubt I'll tune in for the next season. My wife has just discovered Breaking Bad, which means I'll be watching that. The season of Dexter with John Lithgow was a masterpiece. The one that followed was rubbish (that female forehead ruined it for me). Grimm is just terrible. I'll still watch The Simpsons and almost all the cartoons.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #30
Bedlam
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 49

30 Rock. I thought the first couple of seasons had snappy writing and some comic genius at times. Then, I stopped watching for a few episodes and when I came back, suddenly all was all about the characters having babies and the plot lines are just like every other mediocre sitcom. No depth. It was like watching a different show, which was an exceptional disappointment given my strange attraction to alec baldwin.

-------------------------------------
Jill Mc

Quick Reply