The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > TV Shows you've given up on.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
j1laskey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 188 Times on 152 Posts
Likes Given: 5

The Office has been on the fence since Steve Carell left. We still DVR it, but some weeks it is just awful.

The Secretion Brewery

Let's think it over and stop making sense

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
Lgaddy44
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Call me crazy, but I admit that I enjoyed watching Two and a Half Men, when Charlie Sheen was on there. I think his character such the stereotype of how most men would think and act, if they could get away with it. I think that it made for some good laughs over the years.

Even funnier is the fact that what seemed to be such an over the top, excessive character, was just a tatse of how the real Charlie Sheen lived.

I'm not an Ashton Kutcher hater (not saying that I'm a fan either), but the story line has become complete garbage. I've totally tuned out.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #13
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2708 Times on 1627 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgaddy44 View Post
Call me crazy, but I admit that I enjoyed watching Two and a Half Men, when Charlie Sheen was on there. I think his character such the stereotype of how most men would think and act, if they could get away with it. I think that it made for some good laughs over the years.

Even funnier is the fact that what seemed to be such an over the top, excessive character, was just a tatse of how the real Charlie Sheen lived.

I'm not an Ashton Kutcher hater (not saying that I'm a fan either), but the story line has become complete garbage. I've totally tuned out.
Funny for this show, the reason why you don't like it is discernible, a major cast change. I don't know "why" I lost interest in Fringe for instance. It's got a good cast, and as a unabashed sci fi geek it has all the elements I should like, but it just doesn't work.

I compare it to warehouse 13 which I really like.

I wonder if it's because I don't like "ongoing subplots" at all. I want most of my shows to be self contained "units" -solve the crime, catch the bad guy, even if it's over a couple episodes like on Criminal Minds or Ncis which I love, but don't drag some subplot mystery out over the entire season, or worse the run of the series.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
iijakii
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Dexter has been garbage for three or four seasons but I still watch it because my GF likes it. Used to be my favorite show. Breaking Bad was a bit weak last season, too, which was dissapoint.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #15
Darwin18
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 649 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 385

The entire History Channel and National Geographic is heading that way as well. Those used to be my go to zone out and relax channels. Now I find myself repeating "This used to be the History Channel" or "This used to be the Discovery Channel". Now they're full of either reality TV shows or BS that is spun off to appear like real history or science (ie Monster Quest, Ancient Aliens, etc). The one TV reality show that I was really excited for was the brewing show on Discovery Channel with Dogfish Head but that didn't last too long...

I'm really hoping the reality TV show thing is going to end some day soon.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
thirstyutahn
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sons of anarchy was a straight winner, I was hooked since the first episode. Seriously if you haven't seen it watch the first few episodes. The writing and acting is pretty great.

Other shows that I really got into was Dexter, breaking bad, and southland is actually pretty good too.

The first few seasons of the American version of the office were funny but this last season is absolutely terrible! Parks and rec had its hilarious moments but it can be dull too.

I tried getting into lost but that show sucks. I never understood why that's popular. Same with big bang theory...its lame.

To this day I still watch Seinfeld episodes haha, that's a classic.

Im sure there's plenty I'm forgetting but those are the ones that stand out to me now.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #17
Special Hops
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Simpsons

Up Next: Oatmeal Stout

Old 02-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #18
smakudwn
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
A bunch of us are complaining about how downright boring and disappointing the "Walking Dead" has become.
That is the exact reason I stopped reading the comic.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 835 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 1103

The only show that consistently does it for me is First 48. I love that show because it is the closest to the real thing that any cop show has ever been. "Cops" is BS because a lot of the time the cops are playing it up for the camera. And besides, routine patrol is something I'm fairly familiar with anyway .

Dexter has really tanked for me, although the way the last season ended could end up being a huge redeemer. Walking Dead is something I just can't stop watching, even though it has consistently disappointed this season.

Revvy, Battlestar was amazing. It actually managed to elicit emotions from me when it ended. That final episode, and what they implied with it, was fantastic and I'll never forget it. BUT, even Battlestar had a few "filler" episodes thrown in to ride out the success.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #20
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2708 Times on 1627 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstyutahn View Post
Sons of anarchy was a straight winner, I was hooked since the first episode. Seriously if you haven't seen it watch the first few episodes. The writing and acting is pretty great.
LOVE IT!!! One of my favorite. I actually grew up with older cousins who were 1%ers, and one of their member's houses was around the corner. (In my family most of my first cousins are 15-20 years older than me, their kids, my second cousins are all my age.) And we kids all played with each other. So I got to see a little of the "familial" aspects of life in a club (though none of the criminal activity or any of that part of the "life.") It was more like seeing of a bunch of folks in Colors wearing silly hats at a kid's birthday party kinda thing. So I really like that the show portrays all aspects of it, not just the drugs and violence and stuff.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply