Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Tv Guilty Pleasures.....What are yours?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default Tv Guilty Pleasures.....What are yours?

We all have them.

I don't watch a lot of tv, and when I do it tends to be sports or shows on the cooking channel, or History or Discovery, the kind of "reality" shows about Swamp people, or ice truck drivers, or myth busters or extreme fisherman, or Sam Caliqione. And I like crime dramas of the NCIS and Criminal Minds variety.

I can't stand most reality "contest" shows like survivor or the great race or whatever it's called. But if it's a cooking contest show, like Hell's kitchen or when our fellow HBT-er was on Master Chef, I like those.

And shows about folks in Jersey or Housewives of whatever don't interest me either.

And I just wanna punch out a certain High School Choir.

And I'm not a fan of the 30 minute sitcom either...I was never even a big seinfeld, or cheers or friends fan either. I usually find the characters in those shows to be too annoying.

But I just realized that I've become hooked on the show "New Girl" starring Zooey Deschanel as this hot geekette living with a bunch of guys. It's pretty well written, the supporting cast is pretty funny, and Zooey is the hot nerd that never existed when I was a nerd in highschool....

But, you know, I'm a guy....I shouldn't be watching this...It's a chick show isn't it?

We all have shows like this, that we know it's "wrong" for whatever reason...it kinda goes against the rest of our viewing habits, it might even be one of the types of shows I mentioned earlier, "Housewives of Moderately Famous Athletes."

So what's yours?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
MyNameIsPaul
Recipes 

Liked 158 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
We all have them.

I don't watch a lot of tv, and when I do it tends to be sports or shows on the cooking channel, or History or Discovery, the kind of "reality" shows about Swamp people, or ice truck drivers, or myth busters or extreme fisherman, or Sam Caliqione. And I like crime dramas of the NCIS and Criminal Minds variety.

I can't stand most reality "contest" shows like survivor or the great race or whatever it's called. But if it's a cooking contest show, like Hell's kitchen or when our fellow HBT-er was on Master Chef, I like those.

And shows about folks in Jersey or Housewives of whatever don't interest me either.

And I just wanna punch out a certain High School Choir.

And I'm not a fan of the 30 minute sitcom either...I was never even a big seinfeld, or cheers or friends fan either. I usually find the characters in those shows to be too annoying.

But I just realized that I've become hooked on the show "New Girl" starring Zooey Deschanel as this hot geekette living with a bunch of guys. It's pretty well written, the supporting cast is pretty funny, and Zooey is the hot nerd that never existed when I was a nerd in highschool....

But, you know, I'm a guy....I shouldn't be watching this...It's a chick show isn't it?

We all have shows like this, that we know it's "wrong" for whatever reason...it kinda goes against the rest of our viewing habits, it might even be one of the types of shows I mentioned earlier, "Housewives of Moderately Famous Athletes."

So what's yours?
New Girl is hilarious, along with Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, and I really enjoy the cooking shows (just not Cupcake Wars, Cake Boss, B*tchin' Kitchen Etc...)
I'm really looking forward to the finale of Next Iron Chef SUperChefs on Sunday!

See one melée of unruly people, and you've seen a maul.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Akavango
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Top Gear UK edition, my all time favorite and recently found Homeland to be quiet good.

3940L brewed since August 2011.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Cranny04
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

+1 to New Girl

My Blog: Bros Beer

Old 12-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 737 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Ho boy, all the HBTers in law enforcement will cringe at this, but on a Sunday afternoon when there's no football or baseball, I'm a sucker for shows like Cops or Worlds Wildest Police Chases, etc.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
two_hearted
Hold on to your butts
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akavango View Post
Top Gear UK edition, my all time favorite and recently found Homeland to be quiet good.
This show is hilarious! The production quality is extremely high.

I'm also a fan of No Reservations, Psych, 30 Rock and some old ones like Northern Exposure.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
jkarp
Beer Herder
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My two favorites are Flying Wild Alaska and Holmes Inspection (them Canadians sure build shady houses!)

Also enjoy Dexter and Homeland.

Many Bothans died to bring you this information.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Castle is great. More lighthearted than most of the other whodunit shows.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1709 Times on 566 Posts
Likes Given: 853

I love Community. Never miss it, well I will be missing it as it's on hiatus, but the show is smart and funny, not in that it makes references to ill understood (or very well understood) natural phenomena, but in that it constantly reinvents it's format and not just it's plots into something in and of itself.

If you're not watching it you're missing out.

I also watch everything I can on Egypt. Not a fan of Zahi Hawass, don't get the abrasive nature and condescending attitude, but I still respect him for what he does and his extensive knowledge.

Info before personalty you know?

My Instagram

Old 12-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #10
schmoe
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've been watching New Girl and Revenge with the SWMBO this fall.

Quick Reply