Thoughts and prayers go out to the families in Connecticut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you on this one.... I have a 3 year old, and could never imagine something like that happening to him. I feel for those parents of the 18 children lost.

To maintain sanity, when you hear/read something about gun control due to this, just say to yourself "they're upset and don't know how to react". It helps

To maintain sanity, when you hear/read something about gun control due to this, just say to yourself "they're upset and don't know how to react". It helps

Or, maybe remind yourself that people clamoring for gun control will hopefully lead to a reasoned exploration of solutions to the gun violence problem in our society; a solution that combines reasonable firearm regulation with improvement to our mental health care system.

Im sick to my stomach over this. I put my girlfriends 5 yr old on the bus every morning and while she is not my child she is the world to me. I cannot fathom how a family could deal with a tragedy like this. There are no words that adequetly express my sorrow. Hug your kids tonight, tell them you love them.

On Fridays I get off work early and I am able to pick up my son from school. I will be so happy to see him walk out that door today. I can't imagine the horror for the poor parents in CT who's children didn't come out.

My heart breaks for the people in my home state. My biggest fear as a parent has always been that some harm would come to my kids. I have been very fortunate in many ways. I cannot begin to imagine their grief.

Wow. I have been working outside all day and didn't know about this till I saw this thread.

This is about the saddest thing I could ever imagine hearing.
I can't even imagine what the families are going through.

I won't even dignify the gun control comments inside this thread. It's about the children and their families and political spins on it should be done elsewhere.

What a sad and terrible thing. I just can't imagine what kind of god damn monster does something like this. My heart goes out to those people.

It's a pretty awful scenario, and it's difficult to even fathom. Can't really think of any other shootings where the victims were so young.

What's even worse are those that are using this "opportunity" to further their political agendas.

It takes a heartless monster to kill anyone, let alone many innocent children. I cannot even begin to imagine what the poor parents are going through.

I'm at a loss for any more words at the moment.

Beyond comprehension. Just been sitting on my couch, unable to move. I cannot begin to imagine what those parents, brothers, and sisters must be feeling right now.

Sad day. I am horrified. My three yr old is due home in ten minutes. Can't wait to hug her.

I drop two off every morning (soon to be three). I have never felt happier that they are all home safe. Extra hugs from dad tonight for sure. I cannot imagine the grief. It would be unbearable for me.

I was just in Newtown a couple months ago and it's such a peaceful, sleepy little town. You'd never think anything like this could happen anywhere let alone there. My heart goes out to the families of those who were taken from the world far too soon. I don't have any kids, but I still can't imagine what the parents must be going through. And the teachers... the ones who died, of course, are tragic losses, but I would rather be dead than have to witness that kind of madness and live to tell about it. Overall just a sad, sad day.

one of the things that makes me pray there is a hell (so the killer can pay); also makes me doubt there is a God. But I will still pray for those who were hurt. I'm sick.

It hurts to even consider this. I am so happy I'm not a TV watcher, because I can't handle much of this sort of thing. My wife and I have raised 3.

Childhood is fleeting, but it's pure gold while it lasts. Makes me think of this Robert Frost poem.

Nothing Gold Can Stay
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

So sad.. my thoughts and prayers to these poor families...

One of the things I learned as a 10 year volunteer child advocate was that unadulterated evil is everywhere. Please be ever watchful. You can make a difference.

Even being from Canada, this situation is real no matter where. President Obama was right, it could have been any school any town, to the folks of Newport my thoughts are with you.

In life we expect or prepare to bury a parent, a spouse, or a sibling, never do we expect to bury our children, our future. I hope things change.

Back