Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Things to do (drink) in Columbus.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #11
ohiodad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I might be able to help you out here as a resident of Columbus.. I disagree with the earlier poster that prefers Barleys downtown to the smokhouse. I think the smokhouse has a better taplist and always has better guest drafts and their bbq is top notch! Try the brisket nachos! If you are looking for a great bar to just drink killer drafts try Bodega in the short north.. It is very small but it has an incredible tap list! And a fantastic half price happy hour from 4-8... Oh and their chicken tandori pizza is killer too if you like spicy... Elevator is nice if you are looking for a fancy place to eat. Their beers are pretty average... If you are on the east side I hear Mullholland's brewpub in reynoldsburg is pretty good and currenly running a 1.50 a pint special... although I haven't been yet. You also can't miss with the Winking Lizard on Bethel Road and up at Crosswoods. They have many of the finest beers you can get in Ohio. Columbus Brewing Company down in the Brewery District is next to a Cameron Mitchell restaurant and the beers are decent if you are looking for some fine dining as well. Those should be enough to get something good to drink for you!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #12
skinfiddler

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodad View Post
I might be able to help you out here as a resident of Columbus.. I disagree with the earlier poster that prefers Barleys downtown to the smokhouse. I think the smokhouse has a better taplist and always has better guest drafts and their bbq is top notch! Try the brisket nachos! If you are looking for a great bar to just drink killer drafts try Bodega in the short north.. It is very small but it has an incredible tap list! And a fantastic half price happy hour from 4-8... Oh and their chicken tandori pizza is killer too if you like spicy... Elevator is nice if you are looking for a fancy place to eat. Their beers are pretty average... If you are on the east side I hear Mullholland's brewpub in reynoldsburg is pretty good and currenly running a 1.50 a pint special... although I haven't been yet. You also can't miss with the Winking Lizard on Bethel Road and up at Crosswoods. They have many of the finest beers you can get in Ohio. Columbus Brewing Company down in the Brewery District is next to a Cameron Mitchell restaurant and the beers are decent if you are looking for some fine dining as well. Those should be enough to get something good to drink for you!
Opinion based on bad food experience. The beer is fine. I thought their BBQ kind of blew.

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
~Mark Twain

Old 06-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #13
buckeyebrewer

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

+1 on Bodega. They have a great taplist. Everything is 1/2 price for happy hour. It's located in the short north area which is just north of downtown on High Street. If you get bored there are about a dozen more bars in close walking distance from there. And of course don't miss the gyro platter at the happy greek....always a nice treat. It's also in the Short North area.
Too bad you wont be in Columbus on Sunday. The final judging for the Barleys home brew contest is that morning and the "Afternoon with the Brewers" is that afternoon from 2-5. I have a beer in the finals. Its in the top 10 out of 80....wish me luck.

-----------------------------------------------------
It's not a beer gut....I'm building a shed over my tool.

Last edited by buckeyebrewer; 06-19-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Quick Reply