Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > SWMBO hobbies?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #31
Llysse
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post

I get HWMO, very clever, WTF is HWIMBO?
Ha, that's funny. I typed the vowel I read in my head--I was meaning HWMBO. (We must both be obeyed--we are pretty even steven, but we have more or less completely different methods of transmitting "orders.")

However, I think I MUCH prefer nealf's take on the acronym...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #32
AubreyR6
Recipes 

HWMBO - I guess if thats what you want to call him.... Obeyed, Ha!

Anywho, I wish he would have an actual hobby, I keep trying to work on him to do something. We both ride and ride on the track

(which is very expensive btw) so he pretty much is constantly tinkering in the garage, which I guess is his thing...

I brew, he helps me drink it and I like making candles. Maybe some of your wives, who sound pretty crafty, would enjoy doing the same...

Brewing newbie!

Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #33
buffalobrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
We have some things (actually most things) we do together. Mostly fishing, kayaking, boating, etc, that involve being outdoors. My solitary hobbies are brewing and reading. Bob gardens mainly. He has a greenhouse, and the whole bit. He mentioned last night that I spent $600 more on my brew rig than he did on his greenhouse. I didn't even think he noticed!

His gardening isn't "just" gardening, though. He started with the seed catalogues a month ago and diagrams out the beds and keeps records. He'll start seeds in February or March, and put new shelves in the greenhouse. His gardening hobby is definitely on a par with my brewing.
Does he grow you some hops?

Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #34
Dalarast
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

SWMBO and I seem to share alot of the same hobbies such as reading, enjoying some good movies and tv shows, and just going to the beach (I surf and she gets tan (or a few times she will bring one of the extra boards out if the kids are at the grandparents)). We also brew together which is fun (and easier sometimes with two people) and does knitting and cross-stiching. I'm trying to get her to be my gym partner since I like working out and would love her to be more active (she's not overweight; but just want to share my thrill of active sports with her).

It's not her hobby; but she also does a hell of a job taking take of our two daughters, our puppy, and the biggest baby ME

Old 01-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #35
DavidSteel
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

MY ex-swmbo was a professional evil clown, chef, did some stage design, and mostly makeup design for movies. Her "on set" in the death shirt I got her

Old 01-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #36
Hinermad
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSteel View Post
MY ex-swmbo was a professional evil clown, chef, did some stage design, and mostly makeup design for movies. Her "on set" in the death shirt I got her
Man, tell me that's not your siphon tube they're about to stick in that stunt guy.

Dave

"Everything you think, do, and say
is in the beer you'll drink today...
"

Old 01-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #37
DavidSteel
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinermad View Post
Man, tell me that's not your siphon tube they're about to stick in that stunt guy.

Dave
Haha, need to get the blood in their somehow.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #38
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4957 Times on 4522 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinermad View Post

Dave
More like a catheter. That sh!t takes forever.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #39
Bedlam
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 49

HWMO and I met through motorcycling, which is our primary shared hobby. We love long distance sport touring. He is an aficionado of old BMW bikes and has gotten me into them, too...we now have 3 "Airheads" (slang term for the old air-cooled boxer engine).

He also tinkers with old Dodge trucks. He has a 1962 Dodge Town Wagon, a 1968 Uniline, and we have the 1962 M-37 (military Power Wagon).

He also, being an engineer, is very much a stickler for maintenance and whatnot, so he spends a great deal of time and energy into making sure everything is in tip-top shape.

And, of course there's sex. That's always a good hobby to have in a marriage. Cheaper than brewing, too.

-------------------------------------
Jill Mc

Old 01-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #40
caspio
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

We've been working to find hobbies that we can enjoy together. We do a lot of camping during the summer, and this last summer I finally got her to go backpacking with me. Right now we can't go much because of the rain, but I got her a diamondback hardtail mtb and last time we went out she cleaned some sections that I got stuck on.

I've tried to get her interested in brewing, but so far it's only worked for the finished product. When we first started dating she though corona was heavy. A couple days ago I found a bottle of porter missing from the fridge

In her own time, she does a lot of reading and plays The Sims. Just within the last two months or so she's gotten interested in making earrings, so we'll see if that one sticks around.

Quick Reply