Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > SWMBO asked for this...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2006, 08:40 AM   #11
magno
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Those things are sweet. I used to sell them. You can get attachments to do anything. Id say get it (I dont sell them anymore).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2006, 09:09 AM   #12
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I told my SWMBO that I wanted blowjobs for christmas. She said, "What??!!! You aren't getting enough already? Well we'll just have to fix that before Christmas comes around..."

So yeah... I'm buying her jewelry.

It's kind of a weird/sad story though. Her uncle bought her a set of earrings one year for Christmas. And then, one day a few years later, she lost one of them. The next day, her uncle died.

So I managed to find an EXACT replacement. I'm pretty excited. A few months ago, I told her that I wanted to get her a replacement for Christmas. Then I said, "But they are kind of old and not made anymore and I realized just how impossible it is to find a copy of an old earring if you don't even have all the details about it, so I guess I'll just never be able to do that.. but I tried because I thought it would be a sweet gift..."

She was so touched by my attempt, that she was all gushy for the better part of a week, feeling so happy that I *tried* to replace it. Little does she know that a few weeks later, I actually stumbled across the exact same earring. I even snuck into her bedroom when she was gone one day and dug out the earring to make sure it was an identical match. And it was! I'm pretty excited...

I think I'm going to put the earring into a bottle of beer and cap it as part of a mixed six-pack, and hand it to her for Christmas. Yup.. give her a six pack for Christmas. LOL. One bottle will just happen to have a very special earring in it. She might shoot me for getting her a six-pack, but if I survive, we'll laugh about it later...

Old 12-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #13
desiderata

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Don't be fooled. The Kitchen Aid is for cooking desserts. My wife asked for one as a Christmas gift (I got it for her), and she uses it all the time--for cookies! She's not fat or anything, so I don't mind. I guess my point is, it will be like a hobby for her, so don't worry about it being something to help her with her "chores". It would be equivalent, I would say, to your wife getting you a new brewpot, wort chiller, etc. etc.

Toot, good find. Hope she likes the beer enough to make it through all six bottles. Just make sure she pours it into a glass first, huh? That REALLY would be a cursed pair of earrings if she were unfortunate enough to choke on them.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #14
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 5333 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1242

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiderata
Don't be fooled. The Kitchen Aid is for cooking desserts. My wife asked for one as a Christmas gift (I got it for her), and she uses it all the time--for cookies! She's not fat or anything, so I don't mind. I guess my point is, it will be like a hobby for her, so don't worry about it being something to help her with her "chores". It would be equivalent, I would say, to your wife getting you a new brewpot, wort chiller, etc. etc.
The Kitchen Aid is a great present. It's so NOT like an ironing board or vacuum. I think the brewpot analogy is a good one. It's not a "housewife" gift, it's a hobby gift. No woman would ever spent $250 on a mixer for herself. No way. But a gift of a Kitchen Aid for her is like you getting a stainless brewpot for a gift- that rocks.

Lorena

Vote for me for the AHA Governing Committee- Lorena Evans
http://www.homebrewersassociation.or...ttee/election/

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 12-09-2006, 01:46 PM   #15
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 424 Times on 352 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenae
The Kitchen Aid is a great present. It's so NOT like an ironing board or vacuum. I think the brewpot analogy is a good one. It's not a "housewife" gift, it's a hobby gift. No woman would ever spent $250 on a mixer for herself. No way. But a gift of a Kitchen Aid for her is like you getting a stainless brewpot for a gift- that rocks.

Lorena
But what if it's an uber-nice, $400 Dyson that SWMBO has been begging for becuase of her allergies? Trust me, she doesn't beg for much...

Actually, I'll probably find her something else relatively small, some jewelry or something, since I bought the vacuum a month or so ago and she's been using it. I told her specifically that all I wanted for x-mas was for her not to complain about the money I've been spending on AG gear, so there won't be a lot of presents exchanged between us this year.

Oh, and I also asked for a BJ, but I ask for one of those at EVERY special occassion...

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #16
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I say get it for her. Years ago my wife asked for an iron. I didn't like the idea either, but it's what she asked for, so that's what she got

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 12-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #17
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

It's totally worth it and a good gift. Ours gets probably bi-weekly action in our kitchen.

The Dyson is great, too, but I'm not convinced that's a Christmas gift. More of a Valentine's Day gift....

We bought a refurb for $275 and it works great.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:32 PM   #18
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenae
No woman would ever spent $250 on a mixer for herself. No way.

I'm here to tell you that you are absolutely incorrect. In-co-rect.

Ours gets used all the time too, but there was no way I could have gotten it for her for Christmas. Every time one of my friend's bough one for their SWMBOs, mine would to never get her one for a gift. I think if I gave her a vacuum I'd be murdered.

Once the wind has been broken, it cannot be fixed.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:51 PM   #19
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 293 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
But what if it's an uber-nice, $400 Dyson that SWMBO has been begging for becuase of her allergies? Trust me, she doesn't beg for much...
Those Dyson's SUCK!....and Suck and suck. I got SWMBO one of those a couple years ago (just paid it off, thanks to Best Buy's 18 months, no interest).

It's the best vacume we've ever bought. Highly recommended.

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Old 12-09-2006, 05:09 PM   #20
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 5333 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1242

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort
Those Dyson's SUCK!....and Suck and suck. I got SWMBO one of those a couple years ago (just paid it off, thanks to Best Buy's 18 months, no interest).

It's the best vacume we've ever bought. Highly recommended.
I know they're awesome. But they're not a gift- they are a "household" purchase. Vacuums are in a whole different category than kitchen aids. I can't think of a good analogy for you guys- the stainless steel brewpot (for the guys) is a good comparison to a kitchen aid. But a vacuum (even a Dyson) is a ......well, vacuum. Like a washing machine or any other large household appliance. The only appliance that qualifies as a good gift is a dishwasher but only if brand new and not replacing an older one. Like, putting one in for the first time. That's a BJ worthy gift. After that, it's relegated back to an appliance. Appliances should never be given as a gift to a woman from a man that would like to have sex again in this lifetime.

If you were a woman, you'd understand what I mean. Or what I'm trying to mean. Or what I think I mean.

Lorena

Vote for me for the AHA Governing Committee- Lorena Evans
http://www.homebrewersassociation.or...ttee/election/

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Quick Reply