Strip Clubs????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you enjoy strip clubs

• Yes I love them!

• No but I will go and have a good time with friends.

• No, I can't suspend my disbelief or enjoy the experience

• I just want the election to be over....

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can enjoy them, if the dancers actually know how to dance. They neither feed my fantasies nor cause frustration. I've probably been to clubs in 15 states or so. One constant: places that allow nudity are much less interesting and/or enjoyable. One barely-legal after another wandering around a stage naked makes for a quick exit.

Personally, strip shows of the usual sort don't interest me. I'm not into nekkid women for the usual reasons (I'm a chick, for those of you who can't remember) and male strip shows just seem lame to me for some reason.

Now, there is a Cirque de Solie show in Vegas that El Hubbo and I want to go see called Zoomanity. It, apparently, pushes a few limits in ways we might find delicious!

So where does a show like that fall in the category of stripping/burlesque/whatever?

I am curious about strip clubs...... no not that way. :drunk:

Preface: I have been to strip clubs.

I know the idea of strip clubs is great. It is every man's fantasy, right?

My question is, how many of you can go to a strip club and enjoy yourself. I cannot suspend my disbelief and the sight nearly brought me to tears. I know the strippers are there by choice, and are making more money than I am (I have known a couple strippers personally), but I just can't help feeling terribly sad and disappointed by the scene.

I know many will think that is lame, but I feel like to enjoy the time at a strip club, one has to treat the women as animals and nothing more. I am just not capable and so they are a horrible experience for me. Great to dream about crushingly horrible in practice.

Call me lame but vote honestly! Please don't use this as a place to debate the existence or morality of strip clubs. I purely want to know if I am in the minority on this....

I'm totally late on this.

I look at strip clubs the way I look at food & beer. If I can't get something at least as good or better than I get at home, then I won't patronize the establishment.

Here's what I mean: My wife is a great cook. I've often said she should open a restaurant. So, if I'm gonna go out to eat at a restaurant, it needs to be a place that makes food as-good-as-or-better than my wife.

Along those same lines, my wife is an 8/10 with awesome D-cup breasts. If I'm gonna go to a strip club, the girls gotta be hot. If I walk into a place and see average looking chicks with small tits, I'll turn around and walk right out.

In fact, I did exactly that this past Wednesday in New Orleans. I was down there for business and went walking around Bourbon St. I walked into one strip club, sat down, looked around and saw all these chicks with bodies like 14 yo boys and I got up and left.

Back