Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Strange smell in my beer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
rdwj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Default Strange smell in my beer!

I was racking my Barleywine to the secondary last night. I let it sit longer than anything I’ve ever made before and was both anxious to see what it tasted like and worried because it sat so long.

So, I made the transfer without an issue and brought the primary and autosiphon into the utility room to clean it. I took a little taste of the beer in the tubing and it was pretty tasty.

…but something was strange – it smelled like CRAP! Not just bad – like actual human excrement!! I was starting to get very worried that I’d have to dump the batch because a smell like that just CAN’T be good. It’s was absolutely overpowering!

After sticking my nose in the carboy and not quite getting the same stench, I finally figured it out. The smell wasn’t coming from my beer, it was coming from the RANK diaper of my (almost) 2 yr old.

Man, that kid can clear a room!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4273 Times on 3113 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Haha- that's funny. My 14 year old can rip 'em and still clear a room. At least he's been potty trained for 12 years.

I'm so relieved that your beer is ok- that's the important thing!

Lorena

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply