Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Star Wars VII

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #81
TyTanium
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZymurgist View Post
Lucas: "Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?" ...because the price is right.

Lucas: "I'm doing this so that the films will have a longer life." ...and because I need to fund my retirement.

He was tired of being labeled a sell-out, now he's just solidified what a true whore he is.
Honestly, I'm not sure money is a huge motivating factor for him. He's been called a lot of things, but a sell-out greedy money grabber doesn't fit for me. I mean, look how much he controlled the prequels...this is his baby. If money is all he wanted, then that's what he'd receive.

And $4B for the SW franchise? That's a steal, IMO.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #82
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
Luke just fell, and he didn't land on his feet.

Puberty Vader calculated a 5 story fall from a train leaving wherever TF heading south at 45 mph onto another train travelling sxsw at 48mph and landed on his feet. That is 1 example. It is all super BS.
so, your issue is less with the fact that he didn't die (which, is what you said your post) but more with his ability to solve dynamic newtonian physics problems?

also, anakin didn't land on his feet.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

– "A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 11-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #83
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2251 Times on 1608 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Quote:
Luke just fell, and he didn't land on his feet.

Puberty Vader calculated a 5 story fall from a train leaving wherever TF heading south at 45 mph onto another train travelling sxsw at 48mph and landed on his feet. That is 1 example. It is all super BS.
I gotta go with cheezy here. Yeah, I know they are Jedi and can do incredible things, but they are approaching Avengers superhero can't die can do anything the mind can dream up crap.

And Luke was caught in a tube to be gently slowed by it's increasing angle of deflection. Kind of like riding one of the tubes at the water park, but he only had his jedi clothing to protect himself from the friction burns. (And maybe that tube of KY in his pocket.)

Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #84
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I gotta go with cheezy here. Yeah, I know they are Jedi and can do incredible things, but they are approaching Avengers superhero can't die can do anything the mind can dream up crap.

And Luke was caught in a tube to be gently slowed by it's increasing angle of deflection. Kind of like riding one of the tubes at the water park, but he only had his jedi clothing to protect himself from the friction burns. (And maybe that tube of KY in his pocket.)
i agree it's ridiculous, but i don't think it's THAT MUCH more ridiculous that things that happened in OG
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

– "A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 11-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #85
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1642 Times on 1235 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobrewer View Post
i agree it's ridiculous, but i don't think it's THAT MUCH more ridiculous that things that happened in OG

It is Star Wars science fiction. Some would argue that ANYTHING should go.

I submit merely that the 5 story jump, along with several other examples that I would remember if the movies hadn't sucked SO horribly that I could hardly see through my own puke.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #86
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

I liken it to the Stallone movie, "Ice Climber" or whatever the hell that movie was called.

I couldn't get past the long fall where he saved himself by jamming his pickaxe thing into the wall of frozen snow and ice.

BS!!

Yeah, I know we were talking about a fictional galaxy a long ways away, but there is still a point at which you go, "give me a freaking break".

Really, all I ask for is a hot chick like Natalie Portman to be in it. Honestly, she's the main reason I didn't give up entirely on the prequels. And it was probably her worst performance ever. I'm including "Your Highness" in that list.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #87
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6192 Times on 5384 Posts
Likes Given: 769

Quote:
I liken it to the Stallone movie, "Ice Climber" or whatever the hell that movie was called.

I couldn't get past the long fall where he saved himself by jamming his pickaxe thing into the wall of frozen snow and ice.

BS!!

Yeah, I know we were talking about a fictional galaxy a long ways away, but there is still a point at which you go, "give me a freaking break".

Really, all I ask for is a hot chick like Natalie Portman to be in it. Honestly, she's the main reason I didn't give up entirely on the prequels. And it was probably her worst performance ever. I'm including "Your Highness" in that list.
Cliff hanger

Old 11-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #88
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1642 Times on 1235 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Quote:

BS!!
EXACTLY!!

With me it is almost always physics.

Plot makes little sense? meh, I can still watch.

Untrained civilian makes 5 out of 5 amazing headshots from a speeding pick up truck off road?

BS!! (the walking dead season 2 finale....still epic)

Old 11-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #89
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
EXACTLY!!

With me it is almost always physics.

Plot makes little sense? meh, I can still watch.

Untrained civilian makes 5 out of 5 amazing headshots from a speeding pick up truck off road?

BS!! (the walking dead season 2 finale....still epic)
DAMMIT!

My Satellite receiver crapped out and I lost that episode! Now you've spoiled it before I had a chance to Netflix it!

Now I know why you have such a bad reputation.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #90
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 769 Times on 543 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Know what would have been cool? (But too scary for kids) is after Anakin gets all f**ked up, have a long scene where he slowly becomes evil-incarnate Darth Vader, complete with the Emperor hovering and whispering in his ear an getting into his head like Brando in Apocalypse Now. As the pieces of the Vader suit (in rough, just-put-it-together form) are applied piece by piece over days/weeks, Anakin slowly goes mad and becomes Vader. He conveys it all with his eyes.

Ah, screw it. Let's just say that the Emperor had the Vader suit fully fitted and ready to go and we'll slap the damn thing on in a quick scene. *dusts off hands* Done!

And, by the way, when Vader gets off the table, he had the friggin' cape on. What? In the middle of trying to save his life by implanting all sorts of electronic/robotic/cyborg parts, someone said "Wait! Lift him up so we can put this cape under him. That way, we won't have to put it on AFTER he stands up!"

Quick Reply