Old 10-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #31
dudius
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by turvis View Post
They don't need to more movies about Luke Han and Leia they have books for that part of the story. They need to branch off for new characters maybe Luke's son Ben. Or let Pixar work their magic with old republic stories.
According to George Lucas, he really didn't want any of the Expanded Universe to exist the way it does. I'm thinking he sacrificed the integrity of Star Wars for the cash. But to him, none of it is canon. Which means episodes 7-9 will be original stories that might even contradict the EU.

Something I forgot to mention that I kind of hope Disney pulls off is the live-action TV series that was in talks a few years back. I know they tried to do Clone Wars and I forgot what the live-action show was supposed to be. Obviously Clone Wars got picked up by Cartoon Network and marketed as a show for tweens. I imagined the live-action show would be along the lines of how Sarah Connor Chronicles turned out. I'm thinking Disney might end up backing the show just to see if it takes off. Disney is definitely known for throwing money at stuff just to see what happens.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #32
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2114 Times on 1517 Posts
Likes Given: 1158

Tons of people hate on George. They hate the changes he made. They hate the direction and creative development of the later movies. This is not some internet undercurrent. It's worldwide knowledge.

The only thing that kept SW from going back to the direction that made them good films was George Lucas.

Disney cannot possible ignore the massive plea for SW to return to it's glory days. They will continue the story beyond Luke and Leia and Han Solo. The droids will continue the story as has been George's direction since day one. They might possible focus on the grown children of Luke and Han/Leia.

I'm pretty sure if I were in charge I could manage to make the film somewhat serious in plot while having comic relief in small does via the 2 droids and a few offhand comments from the main characters. This means NO JAR-JAR or jar-jar like characters. Throw in lots of cool spaceships and a couple of bad guys that you want to hate, but enjoy watching.

Bottom line is that this stuff shouldn't be hard to do. I remember back in the day when I first watching SW. I think I was like 9. I could handle the action and violence. The droids were funny. Later the Ewoks were kind of silly, but it was easy to ignore them and focus on the plot. Jar-Jar was just too out there to ignore. Was Lucas trying to sell SW to toddlers???

Just make an adult film.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #33
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 303 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Lucas had a great idea, did wonders with it; but, yeah, he shouldn't be allowed to write. I'd be happy to see any future movies based on Timothy Zahn's work, which is far and away the best Star Wars books I have ever read (granted outside of his I have only read 3-4 others).

Old 10-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #34
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 733 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I keep hearing "Will Disney ruin Star Wars?" That's not the question. It's already ruined. The question should be "Is Disney up to the task of redeeming Star Wars?"

People Like This 
Old 10-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #35
todd_k

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Perhaps they could make webisodes or Pixar shorts out of Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina. I would watch that.

Primary:
Secondary:
Conditioning:
Kegged: Smoked Porter

Old 10-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #36
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

I enjoyed the Zahn SW books, but I didn't really think he did a great job with character development or dialogue. The stories were great, nonetheless.

I really doubt they will use his books as source. I expect they will want to create a fresh story.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #37
kombat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 679 Times on 440 Posts
Likes Given: 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3
Oh well! Why fight it? I'll go ahead and hate him a LOT.

F()ck George. He looks so bored and Gay. (please pardon me, this my inner child who doesn't yet know the actual meaning of "gay")
With his "I'm a rich ugly guy" gotee and his ex-nerd chip on his shoulder. I want a tee that says "F*** George Lucas"
Wow. That seems unnecessarily harsh. He's a real person, you know. If you ran into him on the street, would you say such things to his face?

Why?

Because he made a movie you didn't like?

What if he wrote a book you didn't like? Or painted a picture you didn't like? Would you still call him a "rich ugly guy" who looks "bored and gay?"

Seriously? WTF is wrong with you?

THEY'RE MOVIES. If he likes the films he made, but you don't, why would you literally "hate" him? Do you understand how silly that sounds? Why would you hate someone who makes art you don't like? To be clear - it's not offensive to you. You just didn't like the movies. Doesn't GL have the right to make whatever films he wants? Just like YOU do?

This is insane.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:25 PM   #38
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Ya know, I kinda hate Spielberg ever since he replaced the guns in E.T. with walkie talkies. Still waiting for him to come out with the Special Digital Edition of Schindler's List, with all of the guns swapped out for cell phones...

Old 10-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #39
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 303 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I was just reading that they are looking for at an all original story, probably what Lucas had originally thought up and hopefully he will only get to relay ideas and let someone who can actually write take it from there.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #40
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1692 Times on 561 Posts
Likes Given: 851

I would like to see some old republic story lines come out of this.

Maybe some Old Han stories?

My Instagram

Quick Reply