Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Spring Weekends!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
Janx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Default Spring Weekends!!

Oh man, it's like the 10th straight day of weather in the upper 70's here. There are daffodils in bloom everywhere, and we have the whole house opened up all day while we work. It's been nice and breezy and you can smell all the flowers. Hummingbirds are everywhere and the turkeys are mating. There hasn't been a cloud in the sky for over a week. The grass is green, bushes are flowering, the Redwoods and Doug Firs look lush and green and happy. And it's Friday!

It looks like another great weekend to brew! Last weekend, we brewed 2 batches on Saturday. Long day, but a great one to be outside for 10+ hours

And the swell is quieting down, so it looks like a brewing/diving weekend, which is the best kind of all!

I'm gonna cut out of work early to enjoy all this. It's easy to do that, since my boss lives 5 hours away I'm gonna go rack the Best Bitter we made last weekend and get some kegs in the fridge for the weekend. Maybe grind some grain for tomorrow and try out my new mill. Probably keg a batch up, too.

Anyway, just wanted to give a big WOOHOO!! I hope Spring, the weekend, the weather and your brewing and other plans for the weekend have you in as great a mood as they do me. Cheers y'all!

Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2005, 06:19 AM   #2
SwAMi75

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well yippee friggin' skippy for you!

Winter doesn't want to go away, here. It'll warm up into the 60's for a few days , then down we go back into the 40's or 30's during the day. Always windy, too.

I have to ride my bike 17 miles to work Friday morning, and it looks like temps are going to be in the mid 30's. I don't have the gear for that kind of B.S. I'm sick of this crap. I enjoy about the first two weeks of winter, then that's enough!

Old 03-13-2005, 10:10 AM   #3
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam75
I have to ride my bike 17 miles to work Friday morning, and it looks like temps are going to be in the mid 30's. I don't have the gear for that kind of B.S. I'm sick of this crap. I enjoy about the first two weeks of winter, then that's enough!
Wha? Something wrong with the truck?
We gotta do that axle one of these days....its gonna blow up with no fluid!

I agree, this has seemed like the longest winter.
January 7th I'm driving the Jeep with the top down. Last week I had the top down, and the next day we get an inch of snow. It was THUNDERSNOW so it was all good. But WTF? I'll bet the summer is gonna be a scorcher and we'll complain about that too.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 03-14-2005, 12:16 AM   #4
rightwingnut

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah, keeps teasing us. One day it's 60, next day it's 4 inches of snow...

Quick Reply