South Carolina - Stolen Truck and Dog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndsgr

Reaction score
Not sure about the cross-posting rules, but this is kind of important.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/1108819-omg-my-fj60-stolen-my-dog-inside.html

Cliffs: Guy's truck was stolen with a dog in the back. He would obviously like both back, but is really worried about the dog. If you see the truck or the dog contact the guy. Thanks!

Also, just a warning, the forum I linked is not always safe for work, but this link looks okay, perhaps some language in the text.

The Truck:
use4a5y7.jpg

zu2ada3y.jpg

The Dog:
py3amehu.jpg

That's pretty low, stealing somebody's dog. Stealing the truck is bad too. But the dog? Low.

It sounds like the thief may not have known the dog was in the truck. At this point, Jason (the owner) just wants the dog back. I think he is offering a $1k reward, no questions asked.

That is terrible, I can't imagine losing my dog like that

But I'm not sure a niche site such as this is going to help much. A Craigslist post for your locality would be the best bet, and possibly an ad in the classifieds section of your local newspaper, as well as printing out ads to put on community bulletin boards, bus stops, utility poles, etc. You'll greatly increase the odds of finding it if you focus your efforts locally.

He has. I was just cross posting since this site has a lot of traffic. He has news reports, a billboard, at least 50 forums, a bulk mailer and has been pounding concrete. Niche or not, people here have eyes and that's all that it will take. :mug:

Last I heard, his girlfriend has been on pound patrol. It's been really rough on her, looking at all the dogs and then not seeing hers.

He has a video going up locally during some discovery channel shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
See what happens when you go to Walmart =P

Hope he does find his dog tho. Im sure whoever stole his truck probably just let the dog out on the roadside.

That is seriously ****ed up. I don't even want to think what the *****bag did once he realized he wasn't alone in the truck.

I'm almost in tears reading this. yeah, I am..... There should be a special place in hell for someone who steals a dog or lets one out on a roadside.

Hope someone finds the dog.

I'll keep bumping this, since I feel it's the least I can do based on what the owner is doing. He has mailed 1000s of letters, posted flyers and has contacted every pound, shelter, scrapyard and parts slinger in his area.

Here are one of the two facebook pages that I know of.

I just hope she is sitting in some person's lap that found her wandering and hasn't seen a flyer yet.

Well, today was a good day! The truck was stolen by a some tweekers and eventually the dog was found as well. Thanks to anyone who kept an eye out. Lexy is home with her people today!

714880d1356730524-omg-my-fj60-stolen-my-dog-inside-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356730521.218966.jpg

Fantastic news!

Edit- I just took about 30 minutes to read through that heartbreaking, train wreck of a thread on Pirate4x4 (starting where the action heats up around page 39 or so). My God, what an effort and what a community! I can't wait to hear the full details.

Read thru the pirate4x4 thread and wow! So happy. Can so understand the heartbreak and frustration. Hope the thugs get all that's coming. Karma is a *****.

Well, today was a good day! The truck was stolen by a some tweekers and eventually the dog was found as well. Thanks to anyone who kept an eye out. Lexy is home with her people today!

714880d1356730524-omg-my-fj60-stolen-my-dog-inside-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356730521.218966.jpg

I'm sorry, "like this post" button, for touching you like that so many times.

Back