Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Sons Of ANARCHY

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1642 Times on 1235 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Default Sons Of ANARCHY

discovered this yesterday on netflix streaming. LOVE IT!

Almost done with season 1 lol.

Only complaint is that during gigantic shootouts, no one gets shot.

(AZ patch-over gigantic shoot out with mayans, they outflank the mayans and are blasting 2 fisted practically point blank, everyone rides away)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I am sure that when I finish what is on netflix I will be likewise pissed. Right now I am great! lol.

All of the epic shows seem to have taken on this now you see it now you don't schedule.

I would like to think that it is so that they can put more than 1 week of production into each episode, but my guess is that it is more of an intentioonal "keep them wanting more" mind f*ck.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
GoldMiner
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It should be back in the Fall(September/October) .

I think of it as the Sopranos with bikers.

I Secondary.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
CidCitrus
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 25

yeah it always starts in the fall. my buddy and i plan our drinking nights around it. it should be on hulu when it comes out, i'm pretty sure all the fx shows are.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidCitrus View Post
yeah it always starts in the fall. my buddy and i plan our drinking nights around it. it should be on hulu when it comes out, i'm pretty sure all the fx shows are.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
WildGingerBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1931 Times on 1905 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Love this show. The problem is Netflix only has the first 3 seasons and there are 4. I won't purchase TV shows on DVD so I am waiting for Netflix to start or FX to replay it.

Netflix has allowed me to discover a couple of really good shows I had never watched. Breaking Bad is the best show on TV if you ask me. Knocked out all 4 seasons in about 2 weeks. Can't wait for the final season!

Old 06-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

One of my favorite shows.

You know that from the beginning the writers set the storyline up to be a modern retelling of the myth of Oedipus, don't you? That plot has finally come to a head with the most recent season, especially the last episode.

I actually grew up with older cousins who were 1%ers, and one of their member's houses was around the corner. (In my family most of my first cousins are 15-20 years older than me, their kids, my second cousins are all my age.) And we kids all played with each other. So I got to see a little of the "familial" aspects of life in a club (though none of the criminal activity or any of that part of the "life.") It was more like seeing of a bunch of folks in Colors wearing silly hats at a kid's birthday party kinda thing. So I really like that the show portrays all aspects of it, not just the drugs and violence and stuff. But you get to see the "daily life" of Gemma and the family aspect of the life.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
Love this show. The problem is Netflix only has the first 3 seasons and there are 4. I won't purchase TV shows on DVD so I am waiting for Netflix to start or FX to replay it.

Netflix has allowed me to discover a couple of really good shows I had never watched. Breaking Bad is the best show on TV if you ask me. Knocked out all 4 seasons in about 2 weeks. Can't wait for the final season!
The Walking Dead is my best ever show. I love breaking bad though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
One of my favorite shows.

You know that from the beginning the writers set the storyline up to be a modern retelling of the myth of Oedipus, don't you? That plot has finally come to a head with the most recent season, especially the last episode.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ruined.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

OK, other than the whole "Mother....I want to" (Jim Morrison) thing that revvy just threw up on us, I have 1 more complaint.

Tara, while admittedly hot, gets this look that I can only describe as "brain dead baby deer in the headlights".

It happens a few times an episode. I mean, I feel bad for the mentally challenged, but really? For the main love interest? (I mean other than his freaking MOM BLECH!!!!!!!!!!)

Old 06-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Dude, it's the OTHER part of the Oedipus myth SOA is about, not mommy love, but son defeating the father...It's also influenced by Hamlet as well.

Quote:
SOA’s writers trick viewers into learning Shakespeare. SOA's creator, Kurt Sutter, has said, “I don't want to overplay that but it's there. It's not a version of Hamlet but it's definitely influenced by it.” Clay (Ron Perlman) is based on the role of King Claudius, who murdered his own brother (Hamlet’s father) to win the throne and marry Queen Gertrude (Hamlet’s mother). Clay marries Gemma (Katey Sagal), the Gertrude figure, and gains control of The Sons of Anarchy, which her dead husband used to run. Jax is Hamlet. His confusion over the SOA lifestyle is like Hamlet's melancholy about the kingdom. While Jax communicates with his father by reading his journal, Hamlet literally speaks with the ghost of his father. Ron Perlman said in an interview, “I'm sure they’re going to stick to the structure of Hamlet all the way to the end” of the series.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply