Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Sleepwalking...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2010, 03:07 AM   #1
AnchorBock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Sleepwalking...

So last night, had a few beers at the bar and went home. Went to sleep about 45 minutes later than I usually do on a weeknight, at some point in the night while sleeping I got out of bed and was just standing over my wife. She says I started saying "I have to pee" and was in a "peeing position," though I didn't have it out or anything. She basically had to yell to get me somewhat awake to go downstairs and pee, but I have basically no recollection of the whole ordeal.

I'm 24 and, to my knowledge, have never sleepwalked before. I think the whole situation is kind of funny, but its kind of strange too. I read that it usually happens to kids and doesn't typically just start happening when you're an adult. I guess my dad's twin used to sleepwalk and so did my grandpa on the same side (my grandma caught him peeing in the laundry room sink while sleepwalking) so it runs in the family a bit.

I was only slightly buzzed so I know it was not alcohol induced. I just wonder if I would have peed all over my wife if she wouldn't have woken me up! Anyone else have any stories/experiences with sleepwalking?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 03:21 AM   #2
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3000 Times on 2954 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I have been known to sleep walk numerous times and think it has happened many many more times that I am just not sure about. My dad has been known to do it before too. Once I almost took a piss on a 200 amp breaker box. Sometimes I will wake up in the morning and find lights on that I know I turned off the night before or things out of place. It usually seems that I am really tired the morning that I notice this too. I can only assume that I was sleep walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 08-13-2010, 05:44 AM   #3
Styles
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

My dad apparently stripped his bed and put all of the blankets and sheets into the oven once when he was a kid, just as well he didn't turn it on! I've had a couple of minor ones, but it's usually just involved me getting up, moving somewhere in the house and then coming to my senses feeling really confused, like I knew I needed to go there but then I couldn't remember why. It's a really odd feeling.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Decypher
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

When I was seven, my family was staying at my grandparents house. I thought I woke up because I had to pee. I went in to my parents room and told them I had to pee, they told me to pee down the floor grate for the HVAC. It was an old house and the grate was open to the bottom floor. I squatted and peed down the grate right when my grandma was coming out of the shower. I peed all over her and went back to bed. Turns out I was sleepwalking the whole time and I never woke my parents up.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
MyNameIsPaul
Recipes 

Liked 158 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 156

I just started taking Ambien. That sh*t will make you do weird stuff too.. I sleptwalked around the bed, over to my GF's side, kissed her on the forehead, and walked back to the other side of the bed, covered up, and went right back to sleep. Needless to say, I have NO recollection of this, but it sure as hell freaked her out!

Old 08-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
buffalobrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

We had a guy sleep pee on a road trip once. 8 people crashing in one condo and he took a leak in the utility room. one guy was still up and woke the rest of us up to witness it. THe pee'er (how the heck do you spell that??) will never hear the end of it....

You start with a full bag of luck and a empty bag of experience, your goal is to fill the bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck

Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts

my new gf/swmbo sleepwalks every night. most of the time she does something cute like make peanut butter, syrup, and m&m sandwhiches but if i dont watch out she'll leave water running and flood a sink or something like that. fortunately she screws in her sleep too

Old 08-13-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1850 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 888

My brother father Grandfather and myself ll sleepwalk/talk. It scared my wife at first, she's used to it now. Just let me fight those imaginary monsters using my dream kung fu and everything will be OK.

My Instagram

Old 08-23-2010, 04:15 AM   #9
RIBeer
Recipes 

My 6 year old did this once last year. We stayed at my folk's house for the weekend - I woke up when I heard her crying. She had gotten up and walked into my mom's walk-in closet, squatted in the corner, peed on the floor, and then couldn't figure out how to get out. I realized later that the closed was located EXACTLY where our bathroom is in our house from her room. Pretty funny.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #10
TomRep
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated1 View Post
my new gf/swmbo sleepwalks every night. most of the time she does something cute like make peanut butter, syrup, and m&m sandwhiches but if i dont watch out she'll leave water running and flood a sink or something like that. fortunately she screws in her sleep too
I lol at this one!

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS