Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Single Parents I salute you!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2008, 03:02 AM   #11
Zymurgrafi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Well, survived another day. Went to the children's science museum and was able to pick up some tasty brews for myself to boot!

Tried to go to the local brewpub for pizza since my son was asking for pizza again. They were closed.

Went to a regular pizza place that happened to serve the beer of the local brewpub. It came in a forsted BUD light glass.

One "tasty" brew I picked up tasty like salty worcestershire sauce a $2.50 bottle at that.

But, the kids are finally asleep and I am enjoying my second Harpoon imperial IPA (leviathan) (10% abv)

Course most everyone has left HBT now it seems

Ah well, 2 days to go. Sword fighting class with my 3.75 year old tomorrow. That should be interesting.

sláinte!

Bristle Bros. Brewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 05:02 AM   #12
Zymurgrafi

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Man, I had to wait ALL day and now no one wants to play anymore!

Fine.

Time to look at some **** and go to bed lonely!

sláinte!

Bristle Bros. Brewing

Old 11-15-2008, 05:08 AM   #13
Natas
Recipes 

I just got my offspring to bed as well. I've noticed the same thing that the bar closes early here, at times.
I'm a single dad, so I know what you're dealing with. It does get easier, though....
sometimes. My daughter is only 9, so I've still got those ugly years ahead of me.
But I think I'm a pretty cool dad, so i hope I don't have too much crazy trouble waiting.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:52 AM   #14
uglygoat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i've had the kid (going on 8) on my own for about the past six months. got her trained, but she's pretty independent as it is. she bathes/showers herself, brushes her teeth, dresses herself, brushes her hair, helps pack her lunch for school, helps make dinner, helps clean up... steals chickens and wallets... funny how they can grow up so quick.

never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 PM   #15
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I've been a single parent for 10 years now. 2 boys. The first few years they saw their mom week on, week off type thing then less and less. A lot of the trouble was after they had spent time with the mom but I learned to expect it and roll with it. Now that they are 14 and 16 they see her maybe one weekend a month. They've learned who and what she is and they understand her better now. It's had it's ups and downs but I would do it again under the same circumstances. Would I do things differently? Of course. So would my parents. I've grown up as well in some respects and yet have been able to still be a kid in others (as some of you can tell ). In some respects I find it easier now to parent not having a SWMBO because it's one less person to worry about and allows me to focus more on the boys.

Quick Reply