I think it's great that The Great 2007 HBT Belly Off Competition is going on, so in support, I propose we thow in some beer side bets. Here's what I envision:
- Contest is head to head, that way you get at least a 50% chance of winning a beer.
- Winner of the head to head gets either homebrew or regional treasure.
- 2 - 12 or 1 22oz is the standard but both parties can negotiate more or less.
- Winners will follw the same body weight % as the official HBT Belly Off Competition.
- If you are interested, post in this thread something to the effect of...
"What scallywag that frequents this public forum can best my man's loss of his ungainly waist vestige. I declare that my man, , can best any of your choosing under pain of beer. Who shall step up to my challenge?"
- The first poster to take up the challenge identifies his man and the OP agrees, disagrees or adds conditions, etc.
- It's my hope that in this way we can offer support to those trying to lose weight (even if we are also interested in beer). I' hoping they'll get into the spirit and make this a team effort with trash talking etc. Please consult with your HBTBO man beforehand.
- You cannot be in this if you are a contestant of The Great 2007 HBT Belly Off Competition
- In the event of a DNF, that party loses. A double DNF or tie results in both parties paying.
- Contest is between the two individuals. HBT or olllllo or mods are NOT responsible for anything.
If I missed anything, I'll add it to this post, etc.
Here's the Official Contestants as of 04/03/2007. Contest ends 06/21/2007
ayrton - 215
Brewsmith - 240
Cheesefood - 252
Cregar - 280
dibby33 - 192
EdWort - 289
Fiery Sword - 232
freyguy - 270
ill.literate - 270
Ivan Lendl - 160
McKBrew - 217
Pirate Ale - 227
Proofman - 289
Reverend JC - 282
RichBrewer - 229
Rhoobarb - ?
rod - 206
sause - 225
Shot Drive - 278
SpamDog - 258
Thaumaturgist - 210
todd_k - 237
Vermicous - 224
Walker-san - 220
Willsellout - 223
Original thread is here: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=25272