Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Served my beer at our Christmas Party...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2006, 05:10 PM   #1
rdwj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Default Served my beer at our Christmas Party...

This was really the first "event" where my beer was served. I had a cooler full of commercial stuff as a backup - everything from Miller Light, to some Belgians, to Guinness.

NOT ONE commercial beer was cracked the entire night. Several of the females really liked Ed's Apfelwein, but the guys were ALL over my Cherry Wit. They drained that and were a bit bummed I didn't have anything else ready to go.

For a "light drinking" event, I couldn't have been more pleased. But I think I need to increase my number of taps. Two wouldn't be enough if I had a crowd of friends that can put it away.

Anyway - Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2006, 05:32 PM   #2
todd_k

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Congrats on you successful party! I'll be bringing some of the Apfelwein to dinner tonight.

Primary:
Secondary:
Conditioning:
Kegged: Smoked Porter

Old 12-25-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
DesertBrew
You're not my type
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Pretty cool feeling eh? That seems to be the case for me as well If I have a party. I usually buy some other stuff "in case" but it rarely gets touched. Had a party this past summer with about 50 people and we went through 15g of homebrew and the 2 cases of store bought varieties I don't think was even touched.

Old 12-25-2006, 08:25 PM   #4
2nd Street Brewery

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I like the feeling too. I got the wife's family here for Christmas today. We got some BMC just in case but so far I kicked my keg of Dortmunder and they are putting a hurt on my Kolsch and Black Lager. This bodes well for the reunion this summer which will be all HB.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:19 AM   #5
alemonkey
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That's a nice feeling, isn't it? My dad is a committed Coors Light drinker, but he tried my Cream Ale and thought it was awesome. I was surprised when he got a second glass, but I was REALLY surprised when he got a third.

I took a Champagne bottle of Apfelwein to my parent's place for Christmas and my mom really liked it. I also gave a bottle each to my brother and sister. Don't know if my brother and his wife will appreciate it, but my brother in law is pretty open minded about trying new things.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:33 AM   #6
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

Congratulations! Always great to know that people enjoy your beer as much as you do. My wife and I threw our first holiday party 15 years ago to celebrate my first batch of homebrew. This year we had 7 taps and blew through 35 gallons of homebrew in 9 hours. I'm out of homebrew until I tap my Saison and Ginger Peach Hefeweizen in a couple of weeks.

Naked City Construction Thread

Quick Reply