Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Seriously? It is just Bud.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #21
BlackForestBrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturb View Post
I think a grab-and-go robbery is a lot different from a hold up. What I gathered from this story is that the guy grabbed a 12 pack and ran. That is no reason to run out of a store firing a gun. Not only can you harm the robber but more important any innocent person that happens to be in the area. Indeed it is a sad story.
I completely agree that chasing him out of the store and shooting him is wrong. I don't know if he was scared, or what. Either way I feel bad for everyone involved.

My gramp was a police officer, and he told me to many clerks were murdered over beer, snacks, $20. People often hurt the clerks. I'm not saying this particular clerk felt threatened, but I'm sure he knew that often clerks are assaulted. I will say again I completely agree that chasing him out of the store was WRONG.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #22
MikeRoBrew1
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Sad thread replies. I am disheartened by all the bad jokes and lack of empathy. Murder is not appropriate use of force in retaliation to petty theft. This needless loss of life should never have happened.

My brew blog:
http://www.mikerobrew.blogspot.com
Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Old 01-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #23
HexKrak
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

The store is insured against theft, no grab-n-go justifies execution. This guy was shot in cold blood for nothing. If it was a holdup and the clerk thought his life was in danger, that is another story, but this clearly was not the case.

This is exactly why people... sorry... idiots SHOULDN'T carry guns, because they don't know when it's appropriate to use them. I hope he gets murder 1, to teach people that it's NOT ok to shoot someone over a 12 pack. Thieves in TX are already aware of the risks...

On Deck: Chav Irish Red
Pipe Dreams: Chai Porter
Primary #1: Empty
Primary #2: Empty
Primary #3: Imperial Oatmeal Stout
Bottle Conditioning/Drinking: Brown Porter, Pale blonde session ale

MikeRoBrew1 Likes This 
Old 01-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #24
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1809 Times on 585 Posts
Likes Given: 868

I have a buddy that works down the street from there. I was hoping it wasn't him involved in the shooting. It wasn't.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #25
Jakeedaman21
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Moral of the story, don't steal. Dumbass.

On Deck: Air Power Ale
Primary: Snappy Fellow
On Tap:
Gallons Made: 113.5

Old 01-21-2011, 01:09 AM   #26
Jim Karr

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Stores are NOT insured against theft. I owned an electronics store, and every time something got lifted, the insurance man would kind of wince, and shrug his shoulders.

As for me and my household, we shall serve the Lord. Joshua

"God is great, beer is good, people are crazy." Some country artist

Old 01-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #27
jfr1111
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Karr View Post
Stores are NOT insured against theft. I owned an electronics store, and every time something got lifted, the insurance man would kind of wince, and shrug his shoulders.
What ? You can definately get insured against theft. A run of the mill vanilla policy might have exclusions regarding theft, but to say that stores are not insured is a gross generalization. Getting insured against theft is very often a prerequisite for a commercial loan, at least up here, unless you have a massive amount of $ to offer as collateral. Now, unless you have cameras lying around filming the theft, or direct proof, actually getting paid canbe a hassle with shoplifting and the like. It might also not be the best idea to report every theft due to the potential (potential, who am I kidding?) premium hike.

Insured or not, shooting a thief in the parking lot over a case of beer... How to ruin multiple lives, including his own, over material possessions.

Put the damn clerks behind bulletproof glass already.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:15 AM   #28
iaefebs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 605

I think this guy was just looking for an excuse to shoot someone. F*** him I hope he goes to prison. If this moron shot and killed my Son for an attempted heist of a 12 pack I would ......what?

Old 01-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #29
Dwain
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I think it's about respect. If someone tried to steal it or impose his will on me by agression, I would use whatever force I felt necessary to stop it. I would had have no moral qualms about killing him. And no, I don't believe his life is worth a 12 pack. However, I would not have chased after him, and if I owned a store, I would hire an armed guard to be in stationed in a conspicuous location.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #30
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 234 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwain View Post
I think it's about respect. If someone tried to steal it or impose his will on me by agression, I would use whatever force I felt necessary to stop it. I would had have no moral qualms about killing him. And no, I don't believe his life is worth a 12 pack. However, I would not have chased after him, and if I owned a store, I would hire an armed guard to be in stationed in a conspicuous location.
you have no "moral qualms" about killing a guy over a 12 pack of Budweiser?

are you f-ing serious? its not like he held the clerk up at gunpoint and took it, he was running away and was gunned down.

if you'd kill over bud, would you rape someone over a barleywine?

Quick Reply