Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Seriously???

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #31
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1370 Times on 1271 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie

I'd love to try some buffalo, but they only have the ground up stuff in the grocery store I go to. Not sure where else to get it either.
Google! There are a few buffalo/beefalo farms near me, but most of them sell directly from the farm or at farmer's markets.

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie

Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #32
mcwilcr
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar

Finally someone can offer a reasonable account and the ridiculous "bunch of worthless hippies have nothing better to do" posts look pretty juvenile now. Faux news successfully spins it again! Well done, lemmings, well done.
Did you read the story? It's like a dozen lines and not spun in any way I can see. The story even mentions that an off duty officer even helped the on duty officer who shot the animal bring it back to his house for processing and that the department has suspended both officers for their actions. In what way is this a spin on what happened? Maybe not as detailed as it could have been but I wouldn't say misleading in any way.
People Like This 
Old 01-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #33
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Liked 142 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmintman View Post
That though does not explain the bizarre actions of the people holding a candle light vigil for a elk or what I like to call dinner.
Boulder is full of East Coast Trust babies, that have decided to become free-spirt vegan, earth loving hippies. Probably just to piss off Daddy Big$Bucks. So holding a vigil there for an animal makes sense, when you think about the people there.

And there are some good folks in Boulder, but in general it is full of nuts.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #34
headbanger
Fast Loud Death
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 574 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 1200

To candlelight and the gentle humming of kumbaya in the background...

We gather here today, on this HBT thread, to honor the life that was taken from us so suddenly and unexpectedly by my neighbor the gun wielding, elk killing, remorseless psychopath that she is.

Whilst a shame that this poor defenseless animal was sacrificed so long before its time it does taste mighty good in the chili I made, and its severed head does look mighty fine hanging on Saundra's wall.

Let us pray...
Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #35
mcwilcr
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDiver View Post
And there are some good folks in Boulder, but in general it is full of nuts.
So true, and such a shame too because it has the potential to be such a great place.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #36
Golddiggie
Recipes 

Liked 473 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post

To candlelight and the gentle humming of kumbaya in the background...

We gather here today, on this HBT thread, to honor the life that was taken from us so suddenly and unexpectedly by my neighbor the gun wielding, elk killing, remorseless psychopath that she is.

Whilst a shame that this poor defenseless animal was sacrificed so long before its time it does taste mighty good in the chili I made, and its severed head does look mighty fine hanging on Saundra's wall.

Let us pray...
Amen... now, DIG IN!!

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #37
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Liked 142 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilcr View Post
So true, and such a shame too because it has the potential to be such a great place.
Yeah I've only been there a couple of times, but in general it is a cool town, lots of great beer there too. Also great location at the foothills of the mountains.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #38
Varmintman
Recipes 

Liked 651 Times on 408 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I was stationed at Ft Carson in Colorado Springs. I loved the area and have gone back to visit many times. But I have noticed that the John Denver feeling back in the 70's has pretty much changed now to something I do not enjoy as much. I know there are some good folks still there but it is changing for sure

Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #39
mcwilcr
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmintman
I was stationed at Ft Carson in Colorado Springs. I loved the area and have gone back to visit many times. But I have noticed that the John Denver feeling back in the 70's has pretty much changed now to something I do not enjoy as much. I know there are some good folks still there but it is changing for sure
With the new legislation around here that Rocky Mountain high he used to sing about is coming back with a vengeance!

Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #40
Randar
Damn right I got da brews
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4581 Times on 4486 Posts
Likes Given: 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
I'd love to try some buffalo, but they only have the ground up stuff in the grocery store I go to. Not sure where else to get it either.
The internets can has everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilcr View Post
Did you read the story? It's like a dozen lines and not spun in any way I can see. The story even mentions that an off duty officer even helped the on duty officer who shot the animal bring it back to his house for processing and that the department has suspended both officers for their actions. In what way is this a spin on what happened? Maybe not as detailed as it could have been but I wouldn't say misleading in any way.
Yes I read it. Like you said, it was too brief and didn't give the context...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2423848.html
The animal was like a neighborhood fixture and some asshole cop with a taxidermy business on the side up and kills him without license or permit. Still a little over the top to hold a vigil for the animal, but some people needed closure, apparently. Why is it a big deal to you? If an animal had become a fixture of the neighborhood, sort of like a communal pet, for a couple years and then this happened, how would you feel? If it was a dog or cat or elk makes no difference.

Mmm, hot and wet beef.-marubozo

Get rich or get sandy trying...-AZ_IPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Club View Post
I feel like I may need to take a stroll around gen pop and say hi to my subjects.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply