Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Seriously???

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
headbanger
Fast Loud Death
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 616 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Neighborhood BBQ would have been the correct response. Not some pansy vigil.
Exactly, if the cops had held out on the meat then there would have been reason to protest.

Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
Varmintman
Recipes 

Liked 653 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 820

You know I posted that in jest but golddiggie nailed it. They should have a block party and eat it. Be a good way to meet your neighbors and make friends.

But BBQ on elk. Nope just salt and pepper for me please

Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #13
509inc
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 222

This is what happens when you "legalize it". Bunch of hippies having candlelight vigil's for animals.

My HomeBrew and Craft Beer Blog:
http://the509inc.blogspot.com/

People Like This 
Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #14
headbanger
Fast Loud Death
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 616 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509inc View Post
This is what happens when you "legalize it". Bunch of hippies having candlelight vigil's for animals.
Sounds like they need to lighten up a bit and smoke some if you ask me.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #15
Daniel1980
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Those guys need to take up home brewing. Then they'd have better things to do with their free time.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
509inc
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Sounds like they need to lighten up a bit and smoke some if you ask me.
Lighten up... I see what you did there.

My HomeBrew and Craft Beer Blog:
http://the509inc.blogspot.com/

Old 01-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
zeg
Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Not sure about the vigil, but just going from the article, it sounds like a poor decision on the part of the officer. Unless it's creating a direct danger, he should be letting someone qualified to deal with wildlife decide whether it needs to be put down.

Unless it's absolutely necessary, I know I don't want anyone firing a gun in my neighborhood. Was there a reason he couldn't keep an eye on it and wait until someone with a dart gun could come in so they could tranquilize and then either transport it or put it down? Sounds like a far better option than risking a stray bullet.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #18
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Liked 143 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It was in Boulder, which the rest of us don't consider CO . And yes it did happen. The story is there was an Elk that had been wintering in the neighborhood for a couple of years now. Some reports of it acting agressive a few weeks ago, but haven't seen anything that actually confirmed that.

A lot of the touchy feely folks in Boulder are upset about the killing of an animal. The rest of us are upset by the way it was killed. The Boulder PD office shot the elk at night with his service shotgun. Called an off-duty Sheriff Deputy to come get the Elk and take it to his house. People called the city to complain about there officer shooting the Elk, were told several times none of their officers were involved.

Comes out a few days later that the Cop did shoot the Elk, said the elk was injured (no one in the neighborhood saw it with any injuries) , but never called dispatch (required by city policy before discharge of a weapon in non-emergency situation), never filed an after action report (required in all situations where an officer discharges a gun), and never called Parks & Wildlife (not required but SOP for the department when dealing with wildlife).

Bottom line is the officer Poached the Elk in the City (Where hunting is banned) and tried to cover it up. If he honestly shot the Elk because it was injured, he would have called dispatch before hand, called Parks & Wildlife, and filed an after action report. He and the deputy should be charged with Poaching and fired.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #19
gizmodog51
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Elk is too dry for BBQ , not enough fat content for BBQ...stew it!!

if ya don't believe me read lewis & clark.....

smokem if ya gottem

GD

Old 01-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #20
Randar
Damn right I got da brews
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4594 Times on 4499 Posts
Likes Given: 2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDiver View Post
It was in Boulder, which the rest of us don't consider CO . And yes it did happen. The story is there was an Elk that had been wintering in the neighborhood for a couple of years now. Some reports of it acting agressive a few weeks ago, but haven't seen anything that actually confirmed that.

A lot of the touchy feely folks in Boulder are upset about the killing of an animal. The rest of us are upset by the way it was killed. The Boulder PD office shot the elk at night with his service shotgun. Called an off-duty Sheriff Deputy to come get the Elk and take it to his house. People called the city to complain about there officer shooting the Elk, were told several times none of their officers were involved.

Comes out a few days later that the Cop did shoot the Elk, said the elk was injured (no one in the neighborhood saw it with any injuries) , but never called dispatch (required by city policy before discharge of a weapon in non-emergency situation), never filed an after action report (required in all situations where an officer discharges a gun), and never called Parks & Wildlife (not required but SOP for the department when dealing with wildlife).

Bottom line is the officer Poached the Elk in the City (Where hunting is banned) and tried to cover it up. If he honestly shot the Elk because it was injured, he would have called dispatch before hand, called Parks & Wildlife, and filed an after action report. He and the deputy should be charged with Poaching and fired.
Finally someone can offer a reasonable account and the ridiculous "bunch of worthless hippies have nothing better to do" posts look pretty juvenile now. Faux news successfully spins it again! Well done, lemmings, well done.

Mmm, hot and wet beef.-marubozo

Get rich or get sandy trying...-AZ_IPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Club View Post
I feel like I may need to take a stroll around gen pop and say hi to my subjects.
CreamyGoodness Likes This 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply