seeking info re: Portland, Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desiderata

Reaction score
thinking of moving to this area. Interested in the city where I can use public transportation, preferably near the downtown area. I like the older (hardwood floors, etc.) areas of town. In KC, I used to live in midtown within walkin distance to Westport (clubs, bars, etc.), as well as art museums and lots of parks.
Apt or maybe even Condo for reasonable price. Anyone know what are good areas, or ideas to help me in my search? I am searching online, but I have no idea about what area I would like without going there myself to check it out. Best way is through word of mouth, so figured I'd see if anyone here is living in that area or used to be.
Also, once I get there, I'll need to find out where the LHBS are, and good pubs :)
thanks!

I read an article recently saying Portland, ME is in an economic boom and is doing very well. There is minor league hockey and I think there is still minor league baseball.

I've never lived up there and don't have much detail insight, but Portland is a great little city. Sports, beer, great local music scene. Awesome place. I'm sure you will be able to find something kick-aZZ.

todd_k said:
I read an article recently saying Portland, ME is in an economic boom and is doing very well. There is minor league hockey and I think there is still minor league baseball.

Good point. another reason I like the city: sports.

Latest posts

Back