Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Sad news for all of us from GreenwoodRover's family

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #111
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMike View Post
Hello. Greenwood Rover was my brother. I recently joined Home Brew, not only to support one of Kev’s favorite hobbies, but to also say thank you for everyone's support. When my brother’s wife Laura posted the passing of Kevin, we were in awe of all the love and kind words that came from the HB website community. Kev loved brewing beer and he was getting good at it. I loved to go over to his house to taste his newest brews. Kev would often call me and say, “I am brewing up a batch tonight. You should stop by and hang out.” I miss my brother so much….

Please keep me informed of any memorial brews, gatherings or other planned events regarding Greenwood Rover. I am happy to help (and would love to participate) in any way possible. My direct email address is mikedennis80@gmail.com

Thank you,

Uncle Mike
Welcome Mike. I lost my best friend/big brother 12 years ago on Christmas Eve...It's still hard sometimes, even after all these years, so I know what you're going through now. Crap, just seeing you post that you mis your bro, just brought me to tears.

You can come hang out with us anytime.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2009, 01:45 AM   #112
doggage
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Laura and Mike, I was so sorry to hear of your loss. You have my heartfelt condolences.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #113
theguy
Recipes 

I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #114
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Liked 513 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 76

An unashamed reminder that there is a donations thread for GreenwoodRover. It is easy to do! It is going very well so far at $940, but we can do better.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #115
BBBF
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'm truely sorry about your loss. Kevin seemed like a really good guy. I had mentioned to him that my parents live in Edison Park and that it would be cool to do a brew day with him.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #116
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Wow, I'd been seeing Greenwood Rover badges on a lot of avatars the last few days, but didn't think much about it. I sent him a PM back on the sixth to let him know one of his thread responses cracked me up. I never heard back from him, but didn't really think much of it. This morning I put two and two together and did a search of the forums only to learn of this incredibly sad news. As a father of two young boys myself my heart goes out to you and your kids and the entire family. I think I'll give my kids an extra big hug tonight and remind myself how much I need to cherish my time with them. I'll raise a glass tonight to the memory of a man I never met, but who brought a smile to my face!!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #117
Skins_Brew

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Very very sad to read this news. I did not really know him but saw him on the boards frequently and I could tell he was a cool dude. My condolences to the family.

I Support My LHBS!! (Maryland HB)

Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 AM   #118
barko12
Recipes 

Default GreenwoodRover Brew

Hello all,

I am a close friend of Kevin and want to first thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. After searching through the site and other posts, I came across a link to the Greenwood Rover Shiver Me Bitters Brew (I cant post the link because of too few posts). There are a number of Kevin's Greenwood Rover friends that would really like to sample a batch of Kevin's brew. Unfortunately none of us are brewers or even know where to start. Would anyone be willing to brew a batch for us? Interesting trades accepted. (Don't want to break any distribution laws, but would be willing to pay for all ingredients and time).

Please PM me if you are willing or have questions.

Thank you again for your kind words. Kevin will be missed.

Brian

Last edited by barko12; 08-14-2009 at 04:07 AM.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:14 AM   #119
gplutt
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barko12 View Post
Hello all,

I am a close friend of Kevin and want to first thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. After searching through the site and other posts, I came across a link to the Greenwood Rover Shiver Me Bitters Brew (I cant post the link because of too few posts). There are a number of Kevin's Greenwood Rover friends that would really like to sample a batch of Kevin's brew. Unfortunately none of us are brewers or even know where to start. Would anyone be willing to brew a batch for us? Interesting trades accepted. (Don't want to break any distribution laws, but would be willing to pay for all ingredients and time).

Brian
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/memo...drover-131574/

This is a link to the Memorial Brew thread, I believe they are planning to trade beers, send some to the family and/or the Rovers.

Kegged: Stout

Barrelled: Oregon Group Brew Stout
Long term Secondary: Fool's Gold Barleywine
Next: Bohemian Pilsener

Old 08-14-2009, 04:14 AM   #120
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by barko12 View Post
Hello all,

Brian

We are arranging to do just that Brian. Check out this thread.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/memo...drover-131574/
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Quick Reply