Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Revenge is a dish best served cold

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
todd_k
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Revenge is a dish best served cold

So SWMBO scared the hell out of me last night and I need a good way to get back at her. Here's what happened:
I unpacked my Halloween costume last night and hung it on a door to try and get some of the wrinkles out. Basically it's a black suit with a black hood with black fabric across the face that you see out of but others can't see in. I went to bed at 10:30, SWMBO was out at happy "hour" with her co-workers and got home at about 12:45. She proceeds to put on my Halloween costume, come into the dark bedroom and stand over me while I'm sleeping. Of course I wake up to this black thing over me and nearly crapped myself.
This morning I told her I wasn't mad but it's a good thing that she falls asleep on the couch every Friday night by 11:30. Should I do something to get back at her or just mess with her mind and make her think I'm going to do something to her?

Primary:
Secondary:
Kegged: Smokier Smoked Porter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
2nd Street Brewery

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I go with the messing with mind route. Psycological terror is much better. Keep acting funny and doing suspicious things to make her think you are planning something. It will drive her crazy

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
Ize
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_k
So SWMBO scared the hell out of me last night and I need a good way to get back at her. Here's what happened:
I unpacked my Halloween costume last night and hung it on a door to try and get some of the wrinkles out. Basically it's a black suit with a black hood with black fabric across the face that you see out of but others can't see in. I went to bed at 10:30, SWMBO was out at happy "hour" with her co-workers and got home at about 12:45. She proceeds to put on my Halloween costume, come into the dark bedroom and stand over me while I'm sleeping. Of course I wake up to this black thing over me and nearly crapped myself.
This morning I told her I wasn't mad but it's a good thing that she falls asleep on the couch every Friday night by 11:30. Should I do something to get back at her or just mess with her mind and make her think I'm going to do something to her?
Your SWMBO and mine would get along famously. That's just the sort of crap she likes to pull on me.

Like 2nd Street said. Psychological warfare. Works every time. They never know when it's coming that way.

Ize

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

Old 10-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
Todd
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ize
Your SWMBO and mine would get along famously. That's just the sort of crap she likes to pull on me.

Like 2nd Street said. Psychological warfare. Works every time. They never know when it's coming that way.

Ize

Screw that, I think you should shrink wrap her to the sofa.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
todd_k

Recipes 

::while tenting my fingers:: Excellent...... I think I will go with messing with her for a while then after she has forgotten about this, then spring something on her. Anyone know where they sell roaches by the pound?

Primary:
Secondary:

Old 10-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
Todd
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_k
::while tenting my fingers:: Excellent...... I think I will go with messing with her for a while then after she has forgotten about this, then spring something on her. Anyone know where they sell roaches by the pound?

haha, they sell crickets at the pet store.. Or fuzzies, even better.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #7
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 392 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 105

A pile of dead crickets, or crawfish, or something like that... something crunchy... spread out on the floor on her side of the bed for her to step on at 6:00 in the morning. Good times.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #8
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

You can find cat toys that at first glance look like mice at pet stores, usually less then 50 cents . . .strategicly placed they work great

You can also find rubber bugs like roaches at various science like stores, Natures Wonder and such . . . also work out very well. The important thing here is not to get ones that are too big

If you have a source, dead cockroaches covered in hairsrpay to neutralize the eggs they carry also get a good reaction.

There are also many many ways to set up strange noises with fishing line and such that can be used on que that are loads of fun (for you) for months

Old 10-27-2006, 05:16 PM   #9
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 392 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa
You can find cat toys that at first glance look like mice at pet stores, usually less then 50 cents . . .strategicly placed they work great
See, this wouldn't work with my wife. The other night, she yelled up at me that there was a mouse in the bathroom and that the damn cat wouldn't kill it, it was just playing with it. I figured, hell, she's a girl, she'll be freaked out by the mouse, but instead she just sat down on the toilet and did her business while I got the mouse. Didn't phase her at all.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #10
todd_k

Recipes 

you know that's funny that you mention those fake bugs, she tends to wake up during the night yelling that she sees a snake, scorpion, bugs, etc, at first it used to scare the hell out of me because I'd be in a dead sleep and she would start yelling. Now I just laugh at her and roll over.

Primary:
Secondary:

Quick Reply