Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Relocation recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2008, 07:04 AM   #21
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

-duplicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Last edited by HenryHill; 02-28-2008 at 04:00 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2008, 07:09 AM   #22
PeteOz77

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Australia isn't crowded, and it ROCKS!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 AM   #23
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

I know several people in NC- They all want leave citing Crime, Taxes and inbreeding as really annoying.

I live in Alaska, love it dont have a good reason to leave, but my next house will be in either Hawaii or the Caribbean.

Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #24
jelsas
Recipes 

I lived in Chapel Hill & Carrboro for 5 years before moving to Pittsburgh. SWMBO and I loved it -- the weather was awesome, fairly good job opportunities for me (software engineering), reasonable cost of living. If I could choose any place in the country to live, Carrboro would be a top contender: small walkable town, good schools, close to a big city (Raliegh), liberal community (not for everyone, I know, but perfect for us), 4 hours from the beach or mountains, good beer & food readily available. Compared to Pittsburgh, taxes and crime aren't bad, but that might not be saying much.

We rented for 2 years in Carrboro before buying a place. Definitely worth it for us, but we didn't own before we moved down there & didn't know the area that well. Those two years were long enough to get to know different parts of town & make up our mind where we wanted to look to buy. Waiting also paid off for us -- we timed the real estate marked pretty well & made a bundle when we left. If you have a good idea of the neighborhood(s) you want to be in, there's no reason to wait if there's something available.

The housing marked is pretty nasty now, and that might be something to think about before buying a place. Waiting a couple years may be worth it, although I don't know how stable things have been in central NC.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #25
Soulive

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelsas
I lived in Chapel Hill & Carrboro for 5 years before moving to Pittsburgh. SWMBO and I loved it -- the weather was awesome, fairly good job opportunities for me (software engineering), reasonable cost of living. If I could choose any place in the country to live, Carrboro would be a top contender: small walkable town, good schools, close to a big city (Raliegh), liberal community (not for everyone, I know, but perfect for us), 4 hours from the beach or mountains, good beer & food readily available. Compared to Pittsburgh, taxes and crime aren't bad, but that might not be saying much.

We rented for 2 years in Carrboro before buying a place. Definitely worth it for us, but we didn't own before we moved down there & didn't know the area that well. Those two years were long enough to get to know different parts of town & make up our mind where we wanted to look to buy. Waiting also paid off for us -- we timed the real estate marked pretty well & made a bundle when we left. If you have a good idea of the neighborhood(s) you want to be in, there's no reason to wait if there's something available.

The housing marked is pretty nasty now, and that might be something to think about before buying a place. Waiting a couple years may be worth it, although I don't know how stable things have been in central NC.
Thanks, thats very helpful. It sounds like the Raleigh area is definitely our style. I don't think we'll be renting, but instead making several trips down. I'm not so concerned with the market as our area is holding steady. Its all relative anyway, I mean if its bad here it'll be bad there. Glad to hear you guys liked it...

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Old 02-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #26
aekdbbop

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Nashville is such a great place to live.. especially the outlining areas like franklin, brentwood, and spring hill...

Property is less expensive, but the quality of living here is out the roof!

Old 02-28-2008, 01:41 AM   #27
wzup97
Recipes 

With my three previous jobs, I traveled the US alot. Currently, I'm not interested in moving 'cause of family and friends but if I were to move Texas (Austin or Arlington, Ft Worth) would be my first choice.

Quick Reply