Raise a glass to a lost friend!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balue

Reaction score
Well, before leaving for work I got a call one does not want to hear. A family friend was found passed in his home today. :( He had dropped his daughter off at pre school and never showed up for work. Work called one of his contacts another friend who went to check.

Our daughters were the same age. When I got home my daughter opens the door and greets me, just a short while ago in the middle of her playing she comes and gives me a big kiss and hug and tells me she loves me and runs back off to play. Then it hits me a family friend who was a great father is gone at 37. His daughter will never get to greet him after work or hug him again and tell him she loves him.

Last time together was for my cousins daughters b-day. My cousin, Sean and myself stood around the grill all afternoon, cooking food, shared a couple of my home brews, general guy chat and watched our daughters all play together! The three of them are all about the same age! What a great day that was and memory to hold on to.

RIP Sean!

Sorry for the somber post just......

I am probably not making to much sense right now as it is still all sinking in.

Sorry to hear it. I've lost friends and it's horrible.

His family will need a link to him in the future. As a friend you have a unique perspective that anyone who has lost a parent young will value.

The more they know him through you the more they can ultimately know themselves.

Sorry for your loss.

Back